Catsailor.com

F18 certificate

Posted By: bacho

F18 certificate - 01/08/14 01:15 PM

I purchased a used F18 last fall. I was told that it had a valid measurement on it at that time, however I received no paperwork on the subject. If I was to ever take it to a class event, will I need to get it re-measured? Or is there an online record of this?
Posted By: Jeff.Dusek

Re: F18 certificate - 01/08/14 01:46 PM

Do you have class stickers on the hulls/boards/etc? Unfortunately most of the measurement data was lost when the former class measurers computer died. We have been working to repopulate the measurement database, and hope to eventually get it on the class website.

short answer: you will not be turned away at a class event if the boat has been measured in the past. We will make it work.
Posted By: rehmbo

Re: F18 certificate - 01/08/14 02:24 PM

@Bacho - I have a similar situation and was able to sail at F18 Americas with no real issues.
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: F18 certificate - 01/08/14 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by bacho
I purchased a used F18 last fall. I was told that it had a valid measurement on it at that time, however I received no paperwork on the subject. If I was to ever take it to a class event, will I need to get it re-measured? Or is there an online record of this?

What is your sail# and who was the previous owner? I'm the Chief Measurer for the class and my email address is in my profile if you'd like to contact me.

Re: F18 certificate - 01/08/14 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by rehmbo
@Bacho - I have a similar situation and was able to sail at F18 Americas with no real issues.

Jeff, all AHPC boats come with a cert. Either you or I can contact Jill for a copy. I also have a lot of certs that Mike sent me and it looks like I have certs for all the 2011 Alter Cup boats which yours is one. Please send me your hull serial number (it has your original sail#). If I have you're cert I'll update it and sign it. Cert transfer is $10 and stickers are $30 (if you're not already stickered). Please pay the fleet treasurer.

Re: F18 certificate - 01/08/14 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff.Dusek
Do you have class stickers on the hulls/boards/etc? Unfortunately most of the measurement data was lost when the former class measurers computer died. We have been working to repopulate the measurement database, and hope to eventually get it on the class website.

short answer: you will not be turned away at a class event if the boat has been measured in the past. We will make it work.

Cleaning up the cert situation my top priority.

From this point forward all paid certs will be signed and delivered along with stickers to the owners.

I also plan to make your certs accessible through the website.

So.... if you plan on attending the 2014 USF18 North Americans this year get your paperwork in order don't wait until two weeks before the event! There is no special skill involved in measuring a boat or sails just don't measure your own stuff. There is a tip sheet on the USF18 website and if you have questions ask me I'm happy to help... just not 2 weeks before the event I tend to get a little uppity.

Re: F18 certificate - 01/08/14 03:00 PM

Its a C2 formerly owned by Jeremy Herrin and Taylor Reiss prior to him. Sail #218, it's currently stickered up however, most of the writing in them has faded away.

Re: F18 certificate - 01/08/14 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by bacho
Its a C2 formerly owned by Jeremy Herrin and Taylor Reiss prior to him. Sail #218, it's currently stickered up however, most of the writing in them has faded away.

What is your hull serial # number? Is it AU-HPCF0218B010?

Re: F18 certificate - 01/08/14 03:56 PM

That's my HIN!
Posted By: Jeff.Dusek

Re: F18 certificate - 01/08/14 11:30 PM

This is why we pay Dave the big bucks!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums