Catsailor.com

Nacra F18 dagger board stop material

Posted By: Hullflyer1

Nacra F18 dagger board stop material - 02/19/14 01:54 PM

The material that was used for the dagger board stop, which will hold it in position when I change setting or pull it up to beach the boat has worn out and cracked due to age and material fatigue. Can anyone tell me what to use for replacement. I considered using the Hobie Tiger parts, but I am not sure if they would work. Getting factory parts from the Netherlands appears to be a major undertaking.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Nacra F18 dagger board stop material - 02/19/14 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hullflyer1
The material that was used for the dagger board stop, which will hold it in position when I change setting or pull it up to beach the boat has worn out and cracked due to age and material fatigue. Can anyone tell me what to use for replacement. I considered using the Hobie Tiger parts, but I am not sure if they would work. Getting factory parts from the Netherlands appears to be a major undertaking.

Have you checked with a local dealer (I presume you are talking about a Nacra?). This is a very common item and most should have it on hand.
Posted By: bacho

Re: Nacra F18 dagger board stop material - 02/19/14 03:35 PM

Are we talking about the carpet at the top of the trunk?
Posted By: Jake

Re: Nacra F18 dagger board stop material - 02/19/14 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by bacho
Are we talking about the carpet at the top of the trunk?

I think he's talking about the rectangular piece of white rubber material that screws into the side of the daggerboard trunk and keeps some side force on the board.
Posted By: P.M.

Re: Nacra F18 dagger board stop material - 02/19/14 03:42 PM

In a pinch, cut a square out of a piece of vinyl tubing. Actually works better than the factory crap.
Posted By: A. Bourgault

Re: Nacra F18 dagger board stop material - 02/19/14 05:48 PM

Is that what you are looking for?

http://www.murrays.com/mm5/merchant...amp;Category_Code=C-NF&Store_Code=MS
Posted By: Hullflyer1

Re: Nacra F18 dagger board stop material - 02/20/14 12:25 PM

Yes, thank you
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums