Catsailor.com

Sailing Video...

Posted By: Chris9

Sailing Video... - 10/17/14 02:53 PM

I'm learning to edit, enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTDITLCRHZo&feature=youtu.be
Posted By: northsea junkie

Re: Sailing Video... - 10/17/14 08:50 PM

I always enjoy watching other sailors vids shot onboard.

Somehow it tells you exactly the way,the manner and the atmosphere onboard. In fact its always intimate.

And with editing you can emphasize.

Posted By: davefarmer

Re: Sailing Video... - 10/19/14 04:33 PM

My buddy and crew extraordinaire, John Eisenlohr, has edited dozens of videos, some of which were shot aboard my boats, and he suggests stringing together many short clips, maybe 7 to 10 seconds each, to maintain the viewers interest. When we sail, he moves the camera around on the boat constantly, to give a variety of perspectives. Work hard to cut out boring footage where not much is happening. Check out his youtube channel, US772, for a bunch of entertaining videos of catsailing, iceboating and landsailing. He builds some amazing wing powered land and ice yachts.

Dave
Posted By: davefarmer

Re: Sailing Video... - 10/19/14 04:33 PM

My buddy and crew extraordinaire, John Eisenlohr, has edited dozens of videos, some of which were shot aboard my boats, and he suggests stringing together many short clips, maybe 7 to 10 seconds each, to maintain the viewers interest. When we sail, he moves the camera around on the boat constantly, to give a variety of perspectives. Work hard to cut out boring footage where not much is happening. Check out his youtube channel, US772, for a bunch of entertaining videos of catsailing, iceboating and landsailing. He builds some amazing wing powered land and ice yachts.

Dave
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums