Catsailor.com

Crew opportunities?

Posted By: redaidan345

Crew opportunities? - 12/30/14 04:20 AM

Hey guys,
Anyone out there willing to help out a 16 year kid with finding a spot into F18 or NACRA 17 class or even just getting to crew a bit in the south Cali region.
I'm really trying to get into either of the classes and would love any time out on the water so again if anyone out there is willing to put up with teaching or taking under their wing an experienced 16 year old skiff and dinghy sailor who really wants to learn the tools of the trade, please give me a shout.

While I was at the turkey day regatta I met a NACRA 17 sailor who said there was a fleet down here. Sadly I failed to get his info and missed him. So I posted on sailing anarchy and they told me to go here. Then I posted in the crew forum but it seems a bit desolate (no offense intended).

Thanks for all the help and again Sorry for the novel and hair pulling!!
- Aidan m.

Aidanmob@gmail.com
Posted By: Jake

Re: Crew opportunities? - 12/30/14 12:13 PM

yeah, the crew forum is pretty desolate. This is the right place to look...hopefully you'll find someone near you.
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: Crew opportunities? - 01/03/15 04:56 PM

Most of the F18 Fleet is at Mission Bay Yacht Club in San Diego, or ABYC in Long Beach.
Posted By: redaidan345

Re: Crew opportunities? - 01/04/15 04:39 AM

Thanks for all the help and yes those are the sailors I'm trying to get in contact with. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'll make sure to specify better next time.

Thanks again!
Posted By: wildtsail7

Re: Crew opportunities? - 01/09/15 06:27 PM

I'm surprised so SoCal guys are commenting here.
Check your PM sent you some contacts that should get you set up.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums