Catsailor.com

Tradewinds Update....Sort of

Posted By: David Ingram

Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/16/15 08:49 PM

Friday afternoon beach report:

The A-Cat regatta is wrapping up and the Tradewinds boats are making their way onto the beach. The Hobie 16's are here in force. The wind this afternoon was pretty soft <10. It has started to fill in nicely 10+ and building. The forecast is looking solid for Saturday, Sunday not so much.

A significant porting of the F18 fleet is still in Miami waiting for the container from St Barth to get unloaded and delivered to the yard. Best case the teams will pull into the Islander around dinner time, worst case... who knows.

The temp is perfect, mid 70's and sunny, it's freaking paradise!

That's it for now, time to pay some bills.
Posted By: rehmbo

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/16/15 08:52 PM

Amazing that you can get a container from Shanghai to LA in about 2 weeks, but it takes 2 months to get one from the Eastern Caribbean to Miami.

Good Luck guys. Wish I was there. Next year...
Posted By: Jake

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/17/15 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by rehmbo
Amazing that you can get a container from Shanghai to LA in about 2 weeks, but it takes 2 months to get one from the Eastern Caribbean to Miami.

Good Luck guys. Wish I was there. Next year...

Island time, mon.
Posted By: h16bill

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/18/15 12:05 AM

Will scores go up anywhere?
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/19/15 01:06 AM

Ding, thanks for the beach report, any updates would be most appreciated. It was blowing 10-15 up here today, how was it down there?
Posted By: rehmbo

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/19/15 03:38 AM

Jake kindly posted this on facebook. Hopefully it cross-links here.
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd....3345013_c55ae53de22b7cc2252b941210e3f25b[/img]

No stories to report from any of the guys I have connections with. Too busy having fun I suspect.

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/19/15 06:08 AM

Thanks Jeff.

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/19/15 06:56 AM

Great day on the water, light wind less than 10. Pretty routine day but there was a protest in the f18 fleet and wasn't able to get the scoop, I kept getting distracted and then I fell asleep. Ravi and Sam are making the old timers feel really old as they sweep the regatta.

Everyone seems to be having a good time, the weather has been perfect!

Today is supposed to have a bit more breeze and I'm sure 3 races are on the schedule.

Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/19/15 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by David Ingram
Ravi and Sam are making the old timers feel really old as they sweep the regatta.

?? What do the yoots have that you don't?

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/19/15 09:53 PM

Bingo Jeff, everyone is having a great time. That Hobie 16 crowd is a bunch of ball breakers I love those guys.

Today started off in the low teens dropping below 10 by the third and last race. It was shifty out there today and if you weren't paying attention mother nature took the opportunity to make a fool of you.

Everyone is packed up and those that are leaving today have left. Kathy and I pretty much have the campus to ourselves we are heading home tomorrow.

Jay to answer your question... a 20 year old body and 30 IQ points! If you ask the question again I will kick you in the baby maker.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/19/15 10:16 PM

Jay to answer your question... a 20 year old body and 30 IQ points! If you ask the question again I will kick you in the baby maker.

Better put on some warm socks...I'm pretty sure that, last we heard, his was in the freezer next to the ice cream.
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/19/15 11:42 PM

Good job Dave!
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/20/15 02:52 PM

Yes, I warm them up in liquid nitrogen...

But when the babies marry billionaires and I get my own 200' yacht (with topless crew) I will overlook this little discretion and invite you to visit while I cruise in the Med.

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/20/15 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
Good job Dave!

Thanks Karl, it helps to have a good skipper :-)
Posted By: brucat

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/20/15 08:45 PM

What was the deal with the protest? Where are the full results?

Good to see that Ravi never let up on you guys.

Mike
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/20/15 09:24 PM

Good job Dave!

I meant, good job listening and doing what you were told. Congrats to Laura on her stellar performance and seemingly endless patience having you on the front of the boat.

Betta?

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/20/15 09:41 PM

Good job Dave!

Where did you find a good Stripper in the Keys??

What?

He said Skipper?

Nevermind.... laugh
Posted By: Tom Korz

Re: Tradewinds Update....Sort of - 01/20/15 11:42 PM

WOODY"S!!!!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums