Catsailor.com

Sail Numbers and CF Numbers

Posted By: F-18 5150

Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/02/15 04:06 PM

Anyone know who does nice sail numbers and registration numbers. I'm looking for something other than black block letters for my new sails.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/04/15 02:22 PM

calling Jake...calling Jake...
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/04/15 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
calling Jake...calling Jake...

EXACTLY what I was thinking.
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/04/15 03:15 PM

He was really busy. He's trying to get to me soon.
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/04/15 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by F-18 5150
He was really busy. He's trying to get to me soon.

The Glasers cut vinyl.
Posted By: brucat

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/04/15 04:01 PM

If you're just doing vinyl, any sign shop could help if you're in too much of a rush to wait for Jake.

Mike
Posted By: Jake

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/04/15 05:18 PM

I have been trying to get to it...sorry it's taking so long. We are absolutely slammed. If you can find someone before I can get to it, look for someone that has the capability to print on a white permanent adhesive vinyl with a grey tinted adhesive (Orafol 3651 is a good one for mylar sails). If someone suggests a simulated carbon fiber vinyl material, stay away from that - they're usually very stiff, some are foil based, and I don't think they will hold up well on sails. As I learned on Laura's boat, if the printing is going to be light colored, use a black vinyl under layment to cut down on light transmission to make sure they're easily visible when backlit by the sun.

If both my employees show up tonight (fingers crossed), I'll be able to get this cooking tonight.

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/04/15 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jake

If both my employees show up tonight (fingers crossed), I'll be able to get this cooking tonight.

Did you return that voice mail from ICE?

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/04/15 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb

Did you return that voice mail from ICE?

No worries there. We're a tax paying, citizenship/work status verifying outfit.
Posted By: Isotope235

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/04/15 10:15 PM

I laser-cut my sail numbers and emblems from psa dacron insignia cloth. For my next mainsail (which I finished sewing the panels together today), I'm putting green emblem, numbers, and draft stripes on the starboard side, and red on the port side.

Eric

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/05/15 12:25 AM

We are absolutely slammed.

Yeah, that back window graphic for my subie is gonna be epic....

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/05/15 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
We are absolutely slammed.

Yeah, that back window graphic for my subie is gonna be epic....

{facepalm}

Just so you guys know, it's not that I don't love doing stuff for you guys...the graphics is a still a second business for me to my daytime engineering sales job. Our primary graphic clients are industrial manufacturers and large events where we do massive quantities of commemorative items or apparel. Sailing is the fun side of the business and while I truly would bend over backwards for you guys, my optimism usually gets the better of me and I find myself incredibly overextended and work a LOT. I hate turning people down. The times I don't have pressing matters I usually am totally fried and struggle to get the motivation to get to the store to buy beer (yes, it's THAT bad). Unfortunately, I have to keep the bread and butter at the top of the pile.

One day, I'll be like Karl and in a gigantic facility with tons of employees and an incredible amount of free time to work on the fun stuff for myself and my friends. wink

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/05/15 01:13 AM

One day, I'll be like Karl and in a gigantic facility with tons of employees and an incredible amount of free time to work on the fun stuff for myself and my friends. wink

Just so everyone knows, completely untrue. On all accounts.

I was just bustin' your balls.

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/05/15 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger

Just so everyone knows, completely untrue. On all accounts.

I was just bustin' your balls.

lol.
Posted By: brucat

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/05/15 12:18 PM

That will only be true once the expansion is done in a few months, right?

Mike

Re: Sail Numbers and CF Numbers - 05/05/15 03:07 PM

The times I don't have pressing matters I usually am totally fried and struggle to get the motivation to get to the store to buy beer (yes, it's THAT bad).

I read that as "If you buy me beer, I might find time to work on your project"...
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums