Catsailor.com

Where are all the cat sailors?

Posted By: dave mosley

Where are all the cat sailors? - 05/22/15 02:20 PM

Maybe its my own lack of knowledge, but I don't recognize any cat sailor names in the AC boat fleet, the M32's, or the Red bull Racing series.
Anyone know why an AC team sailing a cat wouldn't tap into the knowledge base of the catsailors?
Sure Jimmy Spithill is a sometimes A catter, but I would think Brewyn, Heemskerk, Ashby would be the ones to go after to drive.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Where are all the cat sailors? - 05/22/15 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by dave mosley
Maybe its my own lack of knowledge, but I don't recognize any cat sailor names in the AC boat fleet, the M32's, or the Red bull Racing series.
Anyone know why an AC team sailing a cat wouldn't tap into the knowledge base of the catsailors?
Sure Jimmy Spithill is a sometimes A catter, but I would think Brewyn, Heemskerk, Ashby would be the ones to go after to drive.

Ashby is big man on campus with Team New Zealand.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Where are all the cat sailors? - 05/26/15 01:14 PM

After Dongfeng's recent successes in VOR, I would expect the Chinese to actively solicit Cat talent to develop their program for possible AC bids...

I have to admit, those landlubbers really picked up sailing quickly... Perhaps their contract may have mentioned "and you must answer to the contrary at your peril"?
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Where are all the cat sailors? - 05/26/15 01:31 PM

Funny, the Chinese airlines are in Orlando next week looking for already trained airline pilots to fly their new jets. They don't have a training pipeline for the Billions of prospects there, so they come over here and hire the unemployed US airline pilots. Big bucks too.

Starting at about $225,000 for an A320 Capt...but you have to move to...CHINA!

I wonder if that's going to be their strategy for finding 'unemployed' sailors too?
Posted By: Jake

Re: Where are all the cat sailors? - 05/26/15 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Timbo
Funny, the Chinese airlines are in Orlando next week looking for already trained airline pilots to fly their new jets. They don't have a training pipeline for the Billions of prospects there, so they come over here and hire the unemployed US airline pilots. Big bucks too.

Starting at about $225,000 for an A320 Capt...but you have to move to...CHINA!

I wonder if that's going to be their strategy for finding 'unemployed' sailors too?

Well, truthfully, that's already the hiring strategy of most of the America's Cup Campaigns anyway.
Posted By: bacho

Re: Where are all the cat sailors? - 05/26/15 04:45 PM

Im guessing that multi experience is not as valuable as we would like it to be.
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Where are all the cat sailors? - 05/26/15 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by bacho
Im guessing that multi experience is not as valuable as we would like it to be.

+1
Posted By: Jeff Peterson

Re: Where are all the cat sailors? - 05/26/15 08:43 PM

Does anyone have the Chinese web site where "unemployed sailors" can apply? For $200,000, this Captain is ready to sign up!

© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums