Catsailor.com

Tripp Burd means business this time - R2AK 2016 is close!

Posted By: Jake

Tripp Burd means business this time - R2AK 2016 is close! - 06/02/16 04:47 PM

Good lord. A 73' trimaran this year?

https://r2ak.com/full-race-participants2016/#toggle-id-6
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Tripp Burd means business this time - R2AK 2016 is close! - 06/02/16 05:17 PM

I love the Billy Madison analogy... smile
Posted By: bacho

Re: Tripp Burd means business this time - R2AK 2016 is close! - 06/03/16 12:09 PM

They probably hoping they don't need to paddle that thing very far.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Tripp Burd means business this time - R2AK 2016 is close! - 06/03/16 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by bacho

I think there is a section out of the day 2 bay (the real start after the qualifying run) that is REQUIRED to be human powered. I'm not sure I read that right, however, so take that with a grain of skepticism.

Their facebook page showed some pretty series board trunk repairs underway...they look like they are scrambling a little to get it ready.
Posted By: P.M.

Re: Tripp Burd means business this time - R2AK 2016 is close! - 06/03/16 02:25 PM

It will be make or break with that ride at Seymour Narrows . . .

Re: Tripp Burd means business this time - R2AK 2016 is close! - 06/03/16 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jake

I think there is a section out of the day 2 bay (the real start after the qualifying run) that is REQUIRED to be human powered. I'm not sure I read that right, however, so take that with a grain of skepticism.

Their facebook page showed some pretty series board trunk repairs underway...they look like they are scrambling a little to get it ready.

Yes, I think one of the comments on their team narrative was how they plan on going in /out of Victoria Harbor? using that boat...

When they say "human powered" does that mean 100%? Or could they get away with "human assist" type thing where they paddle with the sails up?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tripp Burd means business this time - R2AK 2016 is close! - 06/03/16 02:45 PM

It requires human power to turn the engine on...
Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
Originally Posted by Jake

Yes, I think one of the comments on their team narrative was how they plan on going in /out of Victoria Harbor? using that boat...

When they say "human powered" does that mean 100%? Or could they get away with "human assist" type thing where they paddle with the sails up?
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Tripp Burd means business this time - R2AK 2016 is close! - 06/03/16 04:12 PM

Wonder if they could hook up a chain or belt to the saildrive shaft then connect that to a stationary bike sprocket.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tripp Burd means business this time - R2AK 2016 is close! - 06/03/16 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by ThunderMuffin
Wonder if they could hook up a chain or belt to the saildrive shaft then connect that to a stationary bike sprocket.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: samc99us

Re: Tripp Burd means business this time - R2AK 2016 is close! - 06/07/16 12:12 PM

Victoria Harbor doesn't allow kedging, or sailing because the channel is too narrow. They may be able to wait for the correct weather window to get into the harbor, but then there is getting back out. Their is also a Marstrom 32 registered, they are going with a human powered chain drive setup (pedals connected to a model airplane prop).

Re: Tripp Burd means business this time - R2AK 2016 is close! - 06/07/16 06:58 PM

Does Victoria Harbor have a tidal swing? Maybe if they time it just right...

Or can they use a dingy and tow it out?
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums