Catsailor.com

G-Cat owners

Posted By: Mike Fahle

G-Cat owners - 10/20/16 12:20 AM

Do the various size G-cats use the same mast extrusion? I need to source a replacement mast butt (bottom end extrusion) for a G-cat 5.7 and learn how these are rigged for raising the mast. Any help is appreciated as it is for the boat that we refurbished for a wedding gift and its new(lywed) owners.
Posted By: catandahalf

Re: G-Cat owners - 10/20/16 02:41 PM

Mike, Hans Geissler is on Facebook and can answer your question ...

Re: G-Cat owners - 10/24/16 11:07 PM

O.K., I have searched FB for him and found two mentions, but nothing that gets me in contact with him. No personal FB page...
Posted By: cyberspeed

Re: G-Cat owners - 10/25/16 01:03 AM

Hi,
Below is a link tho the G-Cat owners page. That is probably a better way to communicate G-Cat info. Pretty sure he administers the page:
https://www.facebook.com/GCatOwnersAndEnthusiasts
Posted By: cyberspeed

Re: G-Cat owners - 10/25/16 01:13 AM

I just looked at the page and indeed, it is Hans posting with help to others. Great Guy!
Posted By: catman

Re: G-Cat owners - 10/25/16 09:40 PM

Check your PM. Sent you his PH#

Re: G-Cat owners - 10/26/16 08:17 PM

Thank-you for the direction!

Re: G-Cat owners - 10/26/16 08:17 PM

Thanks very much! It is nice to get help to provide help!
Posted By: jsb4g

Re: G-Cat owners - 10/26/16 08:51 PM

I ended up buying the G-Cat 5. Now I am looking to replace a couple of things. What length/size halyard should I be using for jib and main halyards? I found a diagram and assembly manual, but no parts list. Also, I need a rudder retention clip for the port side. The current one does not stay down real well. Any ideas? I posted on Hans' FB page and he replied by giving me his email address, so I emailed him, but he has not responded to the email.

Re: G-Cat owners - 10/26/16 10:10 PM

Line for halyards can be personalized to what you like best as long as it fits through the sheave(s). A recreational user usually prefers a larger, softer line than a strict racer, for example.
I am not qualified to help with the rudder; good luck.

Re: G-Cat owners - 10/29/16 08:14 PM

Lock the rudder down. Drill a hole for a #6 screw through the clip and between the tiller arm and the kick up bar. Use a couple washers and a nylock nut. Now snug up the screw. It will pull the clip together. You can now adjust the tension. Most people do both just to have it done with.

Re: G-Cat owners - 10/29/16 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by jsb4g
I ended up buying the G-Cat 5. Now I am looking to replace a couple of things. What length/size halyard should I be using for jib and main halyards? I found a diagram and assembly manual, but no parts list. Also, I need a rudder retention clip for the port side. The current one does not stay down real well. Any ideas? I posted on Hans' FB page and he replied by giving me his email address, so I emailed him, but he has not responded to the email.

I have a email with all the info. I'll look for it.
Posted By: jsb4g

Re: G-Cat owners - 10/30/16 12:46 PM

Thanks. This is really helpful.

Re: G-Cat owners - 11/01/16 01:59 AM

Main halyard 26' of 3/32 7x19 wire. Jib halyard 17' 8.5" of 3/32 7x19 wire.

I don't have the measurement for the stop slug on the main. The best way to do that is to hoist the main and flip the boat over to crimp the Nico or mark the spot. This way you can be sure to get the main all the way up.

The only thing I would change is I would use 1/8" wire for the main.

Those measurements are center of pin to center of pin, P2P.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums