Catsailor.com

Steeplechase, who is going?

Posted By: David Ingram

Steeplechase, who is going? - 10/25/16 06:44 PM

I need to book a room and make other arrangements.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 10/26/16 04:38 PM

I'm out again this year but will come visit you guys.
Posted By: catarocket

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 11/04/16 06:04 AM

What r the room costs at the islander and any discounts given for the regatta? How soon should we book a room?

Any decent alternatives near by?

Mike kelley....possible 2 super cat 22's and Captain Kirk on his (slow) F 20 C:)). Old guys still rule!

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 11/04/16 07:34 PM

I'm checking and yes old guys rule!

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 11/04/16 09:53 PM

This is what I got from Dennis

The rate is $149 weekday
$199 weekend.
There are cheaper places around,
Key lantern, sunset in by mangrove mikes, days inn Islamorada.
Steve is having the Saturday night party.
Posted By: catarocket

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 11/05/16 02:40 AM

Thanks for the help. I will check and see what we can get rollin!
Posted By: I W S Dennis

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 11/06/16 07:06 PM

Hi All, with respect to Rick his health, and all he has done for sailing, I will help continue the 2016 Steeple Chase on Dec 10th and 11th in his honor.
Hopefully Rick will feel up coming by but he's has asked me to continue the tradition of this race while he battles this situation.
As you read above there are some rates already in place at the Islander, and other places to stay in the area.
I have been in touch with Steve Lohmayer and the party will continue at his place on Saturday night after the first leg of the race.
Please spread the word and let's get behind Rick.
Any suggestions for the race will be considered.
Thanks Dennis
Islander Watersports
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 11/07/16 04:50 PM

do the go fund me thing. I'm sure there will be costs for Rick that aren't covered by medicare?
Posted By: Damon Linkous

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 11/16/16 08:38 PM

Dennis,

Thanks for stepping up and keeping the race going this year for Rick. Everyone please spread the word through your own contacts, Facebook, Twitter etc. that the race is on for December 10 and 11 2016.

I've posted the NOR and SI that I was sent on the calendar at
http://www.thebeachcats.com/event/view/Date/20161209/viewtype/details/eid/826

Here is a direct link to download the PDF version of same.

Download PDF of 2016 Steeplechase NOR and SI

Posted By: cyberspeed

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 12/10/16 04:09 AM

Good luck all and have a great weekend. Looks like challenging conditions in WARM temperatures!
Posted By: Jake

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 12/11/16 03:26 PM

Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 12/12/16 02:45 PM

looks like fun!

On the other coast (Naples) with the offshore breeze, we were topping 18 kts kite reaching on the F24 in the relatively flat (1 meter) water.
Posted By: samc99us

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 12/12/16 07:16 PM

Participants list? Results?
Posted By: joeyg

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 12/12/16 09:44 PM

Relatively ... (except for freakin capri pass)

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 12/13/16 01:49 AM

2016 Steeplechase Catamaran Race, December 10-11, Islamorada to Key Largo and Back.

The 32nd running of the Steeplechase was a challenge, and that’s just as it should be. This years event was won by the Team of Jamie Livingstone and Kenny Pierce on a Tornado in a fast total time for the two days of 7 hours, 48 minutes. Second was Ralph and Pat Cole on a Nacra 20 Carbon followed up by James Zelmer and Joe Velwave on a F18 (with a team name “Hobie 21”).

Special mention to the F18 team of David Reed and Mark Herendeen who, despite being demasted during day one, were able to recover and race the second day back from Key Largo. In the true spirit of endurance beachcat racing, other teams provided the needed parts and help to get them back on the water for Sunday’s start.

More pictures and info on the Facebook Page

https://www.facebook.com/thebeachcats/

Winners of 2016 Steeplechase Catamaran Race

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 12/13/16 01:55 AM

Just before the trophy presentation we had an anonymous Donor offer up $1500.00 in cash, as prize money to be split for top three finishers for 2017 version or the Steeplechase.
Any body interested ???
Details will follow on either catsailor or TheBeachcats.com
Posted By: Will_R

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 12/13/16 07:40 PM

Why did they use the wrong rating for the Tornado?

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 12/14/16 12:19 AM

That was the number posted on the entry and on the web
Posted By: brucat

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 12/14/16 02:08 PM

Congrats to all for what sounds like another great running of this event! Awesome to see that Dennis was able to step up and carry the baton for Rick during his illness.

Spelling ckeck: Jim's crew is Joe Valente (couple of New England sailors). Joe was one of the ProSail guys, and will always be a Hobie 21 sailor in his heart. Those guys are always crafty and entertaining.

Mike
Posted By: samc99us

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 12/14/16 02:20 PM

+1 Mike, had the same correction in mind.

Stock or modified T?

Why are they using Portsmouth? Not only is it a dead rating system for beachcats, it has no meaning when you throw a F20c into the mix. I'd be curious what the results under SCHRS would be (doubt they would change much).

Hopefully 2016 will bring more particpants and Rick back to good health smile

And yes Dennis, prize money is enticing, may cover part of the cost of getting a boat down there. Maybe.

Re: Steeplechase, who is going? - 12/14/16 02:52 PM

We also ran SCHRS as a comparison , and will continue monitoring in an effort to get the fairest results in the future.
The idea is to make sure all get their updated certified numbers, so when the 300 comes around everybody interested in racing will have established numbers.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums