Catsailor.com

Graphic Pro Volunteer? Florida 300

Posted By: Damon Linkous

Graphic Pro Volunteer? Florida 300 - 03/22/17 11:51 PM

I'm hoping to tap into the vast talent pool here to find someone with the skills and inclination to convert/create some graphic files from .jpg, .png, or .psd to a vector format like .eps.

This is for the Florida 300 catamaran race. I'm a volunteer board member and do their website and lots of technical stuff but as a graphic designer I'm a bricklayer, I know the technical aspects but since I'm all web I don't deal with vectors or have Adobe Illustrator.

We need the logo for the org SSPUSA https://www.sailseriespromotions.com converted and a half dozen logos from sponsors that could only supply .jpg's. We need the vectors to be able to have banners made and some feather flags.

Can anyone help? The banner maker wants an extra $40 per logo to do the conversion. Which is probably reasonable but the SSPUSA budget is razor thin.

I can send you .psd's for the two versions of the SSPUSA logo like below, but the sponsors are mostly low quality .jpg's.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Jake

Re: Graphic Pro Volunteer? Florida 300 - 03/23/17 12:24 PM

I can do it but would want the banner business.

Jake
Green Room Graphics.
Posted By: Isotope235

Re: Graphic Pro Volunteer? Florida 300 - 03/23/17 03:06 PM

I'd rather you gave Jake the printing business, but if you can't, then I have tracing tools (for my trophy business) that can make vector images from raster art.

I can trace your bitmaps for you provided they don't require much hand-tweaking. Just realize that going from raster to vector format doesn't improve image quality -- it just makes the art more scalable. If the original bitmap is poor, then the vector representation will be too.

Regards,
Eric
Posted By: Damon Linkous

Re: Graphic Pro Volunteer? Florida 300 - 03/23/17 06:07 PM

Thanks everyone, got several other responses by message and email and looks like it's handled.

Thanks Jake and Eric for responding here.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums