Catsailor.com

MIami OCR - 2020 Olympics

Posted By: rehmbo

MIami OCR - 2020 Olympics - 01/26/18 11:52 PM

OK, I'll bite.

Miami OCR this week. Two US boats in the medal round which has been delayed to start tomorrow (Sat, Jan 26th). Whachall think of that? So how has the move to full foiling changed the game? if at all?
Posted By: Timbo

Re: MIami OCR - 2020 Olympics - 01/27/18 10:38 AM

How was the wind in Miami on Friday? It was blowing hard 200 miles north of there in Sebring, FL yesterday, ENE at 17G30! There is a Light Sport Aircraft show going on in Sebring this weekend but not too much flying being done yesterday, too windy. Supposed to blow hard again today and Sunday, with rain coming in Sunday afternoon.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: MIami OCR - 2020 Olympics - 01/29/18 03:38 PM

Still blowing a bit today, too.... Any pics to share of either (OCR or the sport aircraft)?
Posted By: brucat

Re: MIami OCR - 2020 Olympics - 01/30/18 04:15 PM

What happened to Bora in the medal race (DNF, why)?

Mike
Posted By: samc99us

Re: MIami OCR - 2020 Olympics - 02/01/18 05:38 PM

Or Ravi in the race prior, RET?

Re: MIami OCR - 2020 Olympics - 02/02/18 02:40 PM

I missed that one. Does anyone have info from this event? Maybe everything is on FB somewhere?

I watched the replay of the medal race, they really didn't mention the USA boats much after the start.

Mike
Posted By: Damon Linkous

Re: MIami OCR - 2020 Olympics - 02/02/18 05:25 PM

Can anyone give a report?

In my dreams I work full time on Catsailor.com/TheBeachcats.com traveling to major catamaran regattas to report.

Re: MIami OCR - 2020 Olympics - 02/03/18 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Damon Linkous
In my dreams I work full time on Catsailor.com/TheBeachcats.com traveling to major catamaran regattas to report.

No doubt, I think we'd all love to find a way to pull that off!!!

Mike
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: MIami OCR - 2020 Olympics - 02/05/18 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Damon Linkous
Can anyone give a report?

And buy an RV to travel to all those sites and report... smile

Re: MIami OCR - 2020 Olympics - 02/17/18 01:56 PM

Did anyone ever figure this story out?

It kills me that almost 20 years ago, we figured out how to do live coverage from the water (even with crude technology and horrible infrastructure and no local signal), but the most important regattas today can't take the time to post this kind of info.

It isn't rocket surgery!!!

I'd love to quit my job, buy a new RV and travel the country to provide this service. Maybe after the kids get through college...

Mike
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums