Catsailor.com

FX One

Posted By: silversurfer356

FX One - 10/30/18 05:43 AM

Does anyone have any detailed tuning guidelines for the Hobie fx-one? I have only been able to find the basic guide from hobie of France...I found the boat in near perfect, virtually new condition and want to campaign the boat asap...I have extensive experience with Hobie 20's (I have two) but cannot find any advanced tuning tips anywhere...Help!
Posted By: samc99us

Re: FX One - 10/30/18 05:21 PM

Some conversation over here on tuning: https://www.hobie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53540
https://www.hobie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52276

I would probably start with a F16 tuning guide or pinging a former owner. My understanding is they can go down the mine relatively easy (fine bows) and you don't really have an direct competition as there isn't an active class, at least not in the U.S.

Good luck.
Posted By: JJ_

Re: FX One - 10/30/18 07:49 PM

Can't figure how to post a pdf file but I have a two page tuning guide. Was written in 2001 Send an email to jimbo633 at juno.com and I will send it.

I sold the FX years ago. Great boat but required tinkering and finding parts was a pain.
Posted By: Damon Linkous

Re: FX One - 10/30/18 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by JJ_
Can't figure how to post a pdf file but I have a two page tuning guide. Was written in 2001 Send an email to jimbo633 at juno.com and I will send it.

I sold the FX years ago. Great boat but required tinkering and finding parts was a pain.

JJ if you click on the button. "use full editor" below the quick reply box there is an attachment manager below the post editor that allows you to attach files.

If your file is too big or you can't get it to work feel free to email me the file with some description and I'll find a home for it so it can be linked.

Re: FX One - 10/30/18 11:52 PM

FX tuning guide

Found it online. But this may be basic one that you found already. It is the only tuning guide that I could ever find.

Re: FX One - 10/31/18 12:13 AM

BTW, on parts, I was impatient. Got replacement shrouds and forestay made instead of waiting. Recommend measuring current ones so got later on.
Posted By: silversurfer356

Re: FX One - 11/05/18 06:43 PM

Thank you for the assistance. I'm still looking for data...yes, the one you are referring to is the Hobie of France piece. I do have that. Thanks again.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums