Catsailor.com

Wouter is there a difference

Posted By: Surf

Wouter is there a difference - 12/14/02 06:50 AM

Wouter is there a difference between F16 HT and F16 HP, or is there no difference. Read a particular comment where it indicated a particular boat was built more for the HP class then the HT class. So I am wondering if there really is a difference. Thanks.
Posted By: Wouter

The whole story - 12/14/02 02:17 PM

See this article of the past explaning the name change :

http://www.geocities.com/F16HPclass/name_change.html

Mind you a few things have changed since then , most striking one is the USD to Euro exchange rate.

In summary :

Formula 16 HT was our name till halve july 2001, for the first few months. Quickly after our start up we changed the name to which we have now which is Formula 16 class for high performance Beach catamarans, which in turn has as official abbreviateions : Formula 16, F16 and Formula 16 HP, F16 HP

The old name F16HT has therfor been long discarded and no class is linked to it.

In relation to your comment ;"Read a particular comment where it indicated a particular boat was built more for the HP class then the HT class." I guess that the person saying that tried to indicate that a particular boat was a sloop design rather than a cat rigged design like the 18HT class. Otherwise that comment doesn't make sense to me.

But officially and practically there is no F16HT, we were that class a good time ago but we long have been F16HP since.

Wouter
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums