Catsailor.com

Hooter block location

Posted By: jgrady

Hooter block location - 12/19/02 05:15 PM

I am installing a hooter on my P-19 and am curious about the best spot to install the ratchmatics. I have seen photos of a base attached to the cross beams in front of the outer bolt. Can I not simply attach them to the bolts themselves with a tang of some sort or are they not able to take the extra stress? I would prefer to drill as few holes as possible. Any help from P-19 folks out there who have dealt with this would be great.
Thanks

JGrady
Posted By: SGalway

Re: Hooter block location - 12/19/02 09:15 PM

Do you have the jib blocks on wires or attached directly to the tramp? I have the jib going directly to the tramp, therefore I also attach the spin block in the same location. The forward turning block is on the front crossbeam. I drilled into it to attach. Better to drill in that than the hull...
Posted By: jgrady

Re: Hooter block location - 12/20/02 04:35 AM

The jib blocks are on wires (stock) but the hooter blocks need to go on the rear cross beam. What I would like to do is attach each to the outer bolt that holds the hull. I know the Nacra folks have done this but those have a metal strap held by two bolts. The P-19 bolts straight through the beam. Just don't want to stress a weak spot.

JGrady
Posted By: Andrew

Re: Not a Hooter, but - 12/22/02 06:56 AM

I sheet my chute to blocks shackled to eyestraps riveted to the front of the rear beam, about 2" in from the endcap. Good luck
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums