Catsailor.com

Nice Spinnaker Pic.

Posted By: Surf

Nice Spinnaker Pic. - 12/29/02 11:33 AM

Just thought I would post this pic of a H16 with the new trumpet spinnaker. Nice Pic. I thought.

Attached picture 14721-H16Spinnaker1.jpg
Posted By: Jake

Re: Nice Spinnaker Pic. - 12/29/02 02:40 PM

That looks almost like a hooter without the headstay tension. Boy that's a flat spinnaker!

Re: Nice Spinnaker Pic. - 12/29/02 08:24 PM

Yes it does look flat but from all reports the set-up works well as well as the actually spinnaker shape. I will be ordering one this summer to try out. I already have the Trapseat spinnaker which is much bigger and fuller, so it will be interesting how the two compare.
Posted By: PSAILOR

Re: Nice Spinnaker Pic. - 12/29/02 08:50 PM

Does anyone know where you can see a good picture of the Trapseat symmetrical spinnaker??
Posted By: Marco

Re: Nice Spinnaker Pic. - 12/30/02 08:38 PM

Nice pic indeed!!
Is this the European spi?
Can you tell me where you can order it in the US?
Thanks
M.
Posted By: Todd_Sails

Re: Nice Spinnaker Pic. - 12/30/02 08:44 PM

HOw come there's no stern wakes in the photo?

My spin looks that flat in light air.
Posted By: dave taylor

Re: Nice Spinnaker Pic. - 12/30/02 10:28 PM

and it looks like the guy on the left is standing in the water. is the boat stuck on a sandbar?

Re: Nice Spinnaker Pic. - 12/31/02 06:01 AM

You can see a picture of the Trapseat spinnaker at http://www.sail-s.com/main/cart-s/h16TRAPSEAT/trapse.htm just move down the page where the picture is. Its not a great pic. but I will have a new one up soon.

Yes the spinnaker in the pic. is the European spi. and will be available this summer for purchase through any Hobie Dealership/Hobie USA.

As for the pic. having no wake I don't know what to tell you. I do know the pic. was taken in deep water and they are in deed sailing.
Posted By: Andrew

Re: Nice Spinnaker Pic. - 01/03/03 06:13 AM

the crew is kneeling to fly the chute. Notice there are no legs protruding thru the gap between the tramp and the hulls. As for bow wake, that's a bit tuffer

sail fast
Posted By: Andrew

Re: Nice Spinnaker Pic. - 01/03/03 06:31 AM

Here is that pic...

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums