Posted By: h17windbtch6333

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/09/03 07:45 PM

they call me the breeze- l skynyrd
Posted By: Al Schuster

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/09/03 09:19 PM

Runnin' With The Devil - Van Halen
Posted By: bobgrubb

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/09/03 10:01 PM

CRISS Cross " Sail away or I'll put my undewear on backwards".
Posted By: basket.case

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/10/03 02:42 AM

psycho killer, the talkingheads.
lunatic fringe, red rider.
more, 13engines
Posted By: Jeff Peterson

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/10/03 06:31 AM

"What Do You Do With a Drunken Sailor?"

Not only is this a song, but its also a situation question. You can't take his keys or pull the distributor wire.
Posted By: Tornado_ALIVE

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/10/03 10:48 AM

Down Under by Men At Work

Good ol Australia II

Attached picture 18532-Boxing Kangeroo.jpg
Posted By: nesdog

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/10/03 06:47 PM

Theme song from Pirates of the Carribean in Disneyland!

Yo ho, yo ho....

(or Ride Captain Ride by ??)

Sheldon
Posted By: MauganN20

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/10/03 07:52 PM

Bubba Sparxxx and the Crystal Method - PHDream (Blade 2 soundtrack)

Good stuff.
Posted By: dartfast

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/10/03 10:52 PM

Anything by Jimmy Buffet.
Posted By: jcasto1

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/11/03 01:03 AM

I only heard it once, I don't know who it's by, I don't think its a song about sailing, and I've never listened to it while I sail, but ... it has two great lines that would be a perfect caption for a photo of me sailing - instead of doing all the things I should be doing.

"the spring winds blew away ...
my list of things I had to do today"
Posted By: MauganN20

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/11/03 02:33 AM

Sounds like me when we actually get a breeze around Raleigh.

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/11/03 01:46 PM

Ride Captain Ride
Blues Image

Seventy-three men sailed up
From the San Francisco Bay,
Rolled off of their ship
And here's what they had to say.
"We're callin' everyone to ride along
To another shore,
We can laugh our lives away
and be free once more."
But no one heard them callin',
No one came at all,
'Cause they were too busy watchin'
Those old raindrops fall.
As a storm was blowin'
Out on the peaceful sea,
Seventy-three men sailed off
To history.
Ride, captain ride
Upon your mystery ship,
Be amazed at the friends
You have here on your trip.
Ride captain ride
Upon your mystery ship,
On your way to a world
That others might have missed.
(Instrumental)
Seventy-three men sailed up
From the San Francisco Bay,
Got off their ship
And here's what they had to say.
"We're callin' everyone to ride along
To another shore,
We can laugh our lives away
And be free once more."
Ride, captain ride
Upon your mystery ship,
Be amazed at the friends
You have here on your trip.
Ride, captain ride
Upon your mystery ship,
On your way to a world
That others might have missed.
Ride, captain ride
Upon your mystery ship,
Be amazed at the friends
You have here on your trip

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/11/03 01:48 PM

Robert Plant
Ship of Fools
Posted By: garym

The Bad Brains! - 04/11/03 04:31 PM

Sail On, by the original 80s rastapunk band, Bad Brains!!!

If you like to take a Hobie 14 to windward in a 25-knot breeze and 3-foot swells, traveled out, two-blocked, driving from the trapeze, and launching off the wavecrests, this is the sailing song for you!
Posted By: RobLammerts

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/11/03 08:16 PM

[color:"blue"] Jump By van Halen [/color]
Posted By: taipan029

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/12/03 07:30 AM

israel`s son by silverchair
or any thing by silverchair

Posted By: Wouter

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/12/03 11:02 AM

Singlehanded Sailor by the Dire Straits

"Around Cutty shark the men on the barches say,
She's going to slip away from below him.
From what he's done. But When the wind goes wailing,
the single handed sailor goes sailing"

And so on with a nice piece of upbeat music accompanying it. And this guitars imitate the wailing winds that wistles and screams through the rigging.

And I always wanted to blast throught the surf with wind force 5 while hearing the pop song "sharp dressed man" By ZZtop. "Coz, every girl is crazy about a ..."

Wouter
Posted By: Mary

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/18/03 03:34 PM

Chip, I hear you have a CD with all your favorite sailing songs that you played at Delray Drag. I s'pose it isn't legal to copy and sell a thing like that, but can you give us the list of the songs on it so people can hunt them down themselves?
Posted By: jabram

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/18/03 05:44 PM

"Come Sail Away" by Cartman from southpark. Sounds like real sailor singing.

Jody Abrams
H16 Modified
Posted By: arbo06

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/19/03 11:16 AM

:Tuesday's Gone with the Wind"
Skynard

Smooth
Rob Thomas and Carlos Santana
Posted By: ccat

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/19/03 03:50 PM

REGATTA PARTY!!! SAIL ON SAILOR-BEACH BOYS / VAHEVALA-LOGGINS&MESSINA / SAILING SHOES-ROBERT PALMER / SAILING-ROBIN TROWER / SAILING AWAY-CHRIS DE BURGH / SAILING-CHRISTOPHER CROSS / ORINOCO FLOW-ENYA / SAIL AWAY-DAVID GRAY / A SAILBOAT IN THE MOONLIGHT-BILLY HOLIDAY / RED SAILS IN THE SUNSET-THE PLATTERS / SOMEWHERE BEYOND THE SEA-BOBBY DARIN / SLOOP JOHN B-KINGSTON TRIO / POWERBOATERS VS SAILBOATER-THE GREASEMAN /SON OF A SON OF A SAILOR-JIMMY BUFFET / THE SAILBOAT RACE-JIM MORRIS / SAILING LIFE-ERIC STONE / OUT PAST THE REEF-GENE MITCHELL / SPLENDID ADVENTURER-JAMES WHITE / MAJOR DOUBTS ABOUT WATER SPOUTS-KELLY MCGUIRE / THE WHOLE NINE YARDS-ERIC STONE / SHE SAILED AWAY-JIM MORRIS / SAILING-NSYNC / SOUTHERN CROSS-CSNY / SAILING OFF THE EDGE-STARSAILOR / SHE SAILS-MINSTRELS OF MAYHEM / THE SAILBOAT SONG-MOTORPSYCHO / THE SEA-MORCHEEBA / SAILIN' THE WIND LOGGINS & MESSINA / SAIL THE SUMMER WINDS-LYN PAUL / SAILING AT MIDNIGHT-TROPICAL DENNY / SAIL THE WATERWAY-STEELY DAN / RED SAILS IN THE SUNSET-JERRY VALE / SEA OF LOVE-DEL VIKINGS / SEA OF LOVE-ROBERT PLANT / SEA CRUISE-JIMMY BUFFET / COME ON DOWN TO MY BOAT-EVERY MOTHERS SON / SAIL AWAY TO THE SEA-SANDY DENNY / WANNABE SAILORS-KINSHIP / DONT SAIL THERE-PYRATES ROYALE / THE SAILOR SONG-TOYBOX / HMS PINAFORE-GILBERT & SULLIVAN / DRUNKEN SAILOR-ROBERT SHAW CHORALE / I USED TO BE A SAILOR-TRACY CHAPMAN / SAILIN' ON-TOOTS AND THE MAYTALS / BIG SHIP SAILING-FREDDIE MCGREGOR / SAILIN'ON-NO DOUBT / SAILING ON THE SEVEN SEAS-OMD / SAIL AWAY-DEEP PURPLE / BLANKET FOR A SAIL-HARRY NILSSON / I'M SAILING-MAZZY STAR / SAIL MY VESSEL-GARTH BROOKS / SAIL ON-THE IMPERIALS / SAIL AWAY-CHARLEY PRIDE / SAIL AWAY-CHRIS REA / SAILING NIGHTS-BOB SEEGER / SAIL AWAY-DIANA FOX / RED SAILS IN THE SUNSET-FATS DOMINO / RED SAILS-DAVID BOWIE / IF I HAD A BOAT-JIMMY BUFFET / JACK WAS EVERY INCH A SAILOR-CELTIC CONNECTION / NAUGHTY SAILORS ALPHABET-FAIRPORT CONVENTION / HE IS SAILING-JON & VANGELIS / SAILING SHIPS-WHITESNAKE / SECRETS OF THE SEA-BILLY BRAGG & WILCO / SMOOTH SAILING-THE ISLEY BROTHERS / HELLO SAILOR-LIZ PHAIR / LOST SAILOR-GREATFUL DEAD / DONT ROCK THE BOAT- HUES CORPORATION / SAILING SHOES-LITTLE FEAT / SAIL AWAY- NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE / SAILORS LIFE-SHEILA CHANDRA / SAILOR-PETULA CLARK / I AM SAILING-ROD STUART / I'D RATHER BE SAILING-LIZ CALLAWAY / SAILING TO PARADISE-PABLO CRUISE / SAIL AWAY-ALLMAN BROTHERS / SAIL AWAY-SONNY TERRY & BROWNIE MCGHEE SAIL AWAY LADIES-SPIDER JOHN KOERNER / SAILORS REST-STAN ROGERS / SAILING WITH THE CAPTAIN-DUST RHINOS / DRUNKEN SAILOR-THE CHIEFTANS / SAILING-U2 / GONNA BE CLEAR SAILING-BARBRA STRIESAND / SUMMER WIND-FRANK SINATRA / THE SAILING SHIP-CRYAN SHAMES / SAILIN'SHOES-SAM BUSH / THE BIG SHIP SAILS ON THE ALI ALI O-THE COUNTDOWN KIDS

(limewire-musicmatch)
Posted By: BlowMe

Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? - 04/19/03 04:53 PM

limewire rules!!

AJ
Express 6.0
Posted By: Jeff Peterson

How could I forget this one... - 04/20/03 07:07 AM

"Mistral Wind" by Heart
Posted By: acceleratedchaos

Ah.... But how do you play the music on the boat?! - 04/20/03 12:25 PM

In preperation for the tybee-500 my brother and I have been triing to figure how to carry over 10 hours of music on the boat without needing to change a cd or battery. Our other big problem is that we need a way to keep the system dry, and power and amplifier so that the music will be loud enouh to hear! So far this is what we have figured out....
The player we have bought is a 10Gb MP3 player... this is about 3x the memory of the songs I have, and is enough to hold over 10000 min of music, or about 4000 songs. It is powered by a lith-ion battery with a play-back battery life of 16 hours. The unit is slightly smaller than a small disc-man and weighs less than a pound.
I next canabalized an amplifier out of a pair small sony portable speakers and re-wired it so that it will accept 8 AA batteries instead of the 4 that were originally powering it (double the battery life, should play for over 30 hours without killing the batterys). The amp and player fit into a small rubermaid container which will seal and keep the water off of the parts that need to 'stay dry!' A small hole has been drilled in the container and the speaker wires thread out and sealed with a little 5200. I then purchased a pair of 4.5 x 4.5 waterproof speakers from west marine which come with brackets to mount the speakers. the thought is that we will mount these right behind the tacktic on the spin pole and run the speaker wires back to the tramp where the 'container' will be stored in the tramp bag with other safety gear.
On initial tests it seems to be working great, and our only problem is that we need to find the volume that is appropriate for still hearing the puffs and other important sounds on the water! Also putting together play lists... we have LOTS of music, but what of it do you want to hear while sailing up the entire florida and georgia east coast!?!?!
Chris
www.acceleratedchaos.com
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums