Catsailor.com

N5.2 daggerboards

Posted By: Wrinkledpants

N5.2 daggerboards - 02/28/04 03:09 AM

Hi all!! I am desperatly in need of n5.2 daggerboards. I really don't want to have to pay full price for them, so if anyone knows of a used pair floating around or where i could find some...let me know. They can be in anyshape as long as they are in one piece. Thanks a bunch!!

Reid Rechel
N5.2
Lake Superior
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: N5.2 daggerboards - 02/28/04 04:13 AM

How about $135.00 ea?

Check this link
http://chat.sailingproshop.com/ubb/Forum30/HTML/000569.html

Terry
Posted By: BobG

Re: N5.2 daggerboards - 02/28/04 04:28 AM

Speaking of 5.2 boards,did at any time Nacra or Performance Cat make another lighter board for the 5.2.I acquired some boards that look like shorter, thinner and tapered variants for the boat. thanx. Bob Grubb DSYC.

Re: N5.2 daggerboards - 02/28/04 05:04 AM

Dan sold them Can't afford 700 dollars for a new set, so maybe i'll sail without them. Anyone ever tried this?
Posted By: Jake

Re: N5.2 daggerboards - 02/28/04 12:48 PM

Bad idea - the boat won't tack for shoopie and will seriously slip sideways sailing upwind.

What's wrong with yours? I've seen good fiberglass guys do amazing things to stuff that look terrible.
Posted By: Sailing Pro Shop

Re: N5.2 daggerboards - 02/28/04 01:05 PM

Speaking of 5.2 boards,did at any time Nacra or Performance Cat make another lighter board for the 5.2.I acquired some boards that look like shorter, thinner and tapered variants for the boat. thanx. Bob Grubb DSYC.

Bob:

Those are likely SOL CAT 18 boards.

Re: N5.2 daggerboards - 02/29/04 03:17 AM

When i bought the boat it didn't have any. I haven't sailed it yet because there are a few more things i need to get...daggerboards being the most expensive. So hopefully i can find a set before the ice thaws

Reid Rechel
N5.2
Lake Superior
Posted By: samevans

Re: other boards - 02/29/04 04:23 AM

Just so's you'll know, the N5.2, N5.5 and Nacra 18square all use the same boards.
Posted By: Jake

Re: N5.2 daggerboards - 02/29/04 06:55 PM

When i bought the boat it didn't have any.

Well...OK. Now that IS a problem that I doubt a good fiberglass would be able to fix!
Posted By: davidtilley

Re: N5.2 daggerboards - 03/01/04 12:46 AM

How about I measure mine and give you a table: (so thick so far back etc.) Could you grab some exterior plywood and a belt sander, (or pneumatic orbital)followed by a few coats of fiberglass and more sanding? I say plywood because the plies give you a depth guide as you sand, like a contour map, which really helps. I dont guess at this stage the weight/class legality is an issue? What would this cost you?
The std boards aren't light either.
I wouldnt try to sail those hulls without boards. You wont be able to go to windward and the boat wont behave at all at low speed. Just be a bad experience. Any king of board would be ok I believe. (dinghies rely heavily on boards that are just that, boards, and without them the won't do anything)
Let me know.
Posted By: cappydec

Re: N5.2 daggerboards - 03/01/04 01:11 AM

Hi Reid, I have a used set in decent shape I will sell for 250.00 for both and if you would like, I can sand and recoat them and bring then back to origional shape for 350.00
I also have a lot of nacra 5.2 parts including both hulls in excelent condition and very solid. I can take pics and send on request.
Don Caldwell
Supercat-20 #92
Nacra-18 square #9
you can email at: cappydec@swbell.net
Posted By: Dean

Re: N5.2 daggerboards - 03/01/04 02:10 PM

Those WERE Sol 18 boards. I had a pair years ago.

--Dean

Re: N5.2 daggerboards - 03/07/04 06:48 PM

Don-
I've tried to contact you through email with no success. Are you still interested in selling your daggerboards?

~Reid
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums