Catsailor.com

T500 UPDATE - WHAT GIVES??

Posted By: SOMA

T500 UPDATE - WHAT GIVES?? - 05/10/04 02:47 PM

OK, so it's 10:30 and I know theyre off. Where are the updates?! I looked on the Tybee link and they had info from last years race??????????????????????
C'mon GOTTA KNOW..GOTTA KNOW..GOTTA KNOW!!!!!!
Posted By: MauganN20

Re: T500 UPDATE - WHAT GIVES?? - 05/10/04 03:09 PM

uhh.

not to sound uninterested, but they just launched. Unless something catastrophic happened, theres not much to report really because there are no results yet.
Posted By: David Ingram

Oh Maugan... - 05/10/04 03:30 PM

What!? The start is uninteresting!!!? What does it take to get your attention Maugan?

The news is up on the front page and it looks like one team is out, or in the process of replacing crew already!

Also knowing who has taken an early lead only leaves you wanting more!

Now if Rick follows up with the details about Team Weathermark then we are on our way!

Dave
Posted By: SOMA

Re: Oh Maugan... - 05/10/04 03:33 PM

Clearly maughan hasn't had his second cup of coffee this morning.
Posted By: John Williams

Weathermark - 05/10/04 03:45 PM

Krantz's trick knee popped out this morning when he was exercising... Hope he's OK.

Any chance... - 05/10/04 03:48 PM

he can tough it out and start the run?

Damn the luck! I know they were both extremely well prepared and have been sailing exceptionally fast!

Nah... - 05/10/04 03:51 PM

They're packing up now... sux - bet they're in a sh*t mood. Don't know if they had a back-up sailor or not...

Re: Oh Maugan... - 05/10/04 04:58 PM

I'm not uninterested, thats why I said "not to sound uninterested BUT..."

anyways, I guess I'm more concerned about what order they finish the leg in as opposed to what order they start :P

Any drama that happens prior to said finish is all well and good however.
Posted By: Mary

Re: T500 UPDATE - WHAT GIVES?? - 05/10/04 05:35 PM

Well, the start was changed to 9:00 a.m. instead of 10:00.
Rick has the start pictures posted.

I noticed that the one link was to last year's race, so Rick fixed that after he got back to our house from the start. Other than what Rick has already posted about the start, both text and pictures, I don't have anything yet to put on the Hotline.

I'm just hoping that Rick gets to the finish line before the boats do -- the boats don't have to contend with traffic and tolls and parking problems. And the boats are going really fast! Maybe UPS and FedEx should consider delivering by boat -- works for the drug-runners.

I'll be putting stuff on my "Beach Hotline" whenever I get information.

Okay John... - 05/10/04 05:39 PM

I guess it's up to you now?

Can you see them yet?

What... from my desk?? - 05/10/04 05:42 PM

I'm not there...

Holy Crap! - 05/10/04 05:46 PM

Then how are you scooping the onsite reporters! Who's your connection? Oh great one of all news big and small?
Posted By: Mary

Re: What... from my desk?? - 05/10/04 05:52 PM

Nobody is really "THERE" for these kinds of distance events, except for the people on the boats. There's no chase boat, no helicopter, no airplane. And, in most cases, there are few places to see them from shore. We see them when they leave, and we see them when they arrive. The sailors tell what happened in between those two points.
Posted By: sailwave

Re: T500 UPDATE - WHAT GIVES?? - 05/10/04 05:54 PM

I'm just hoping that Rick gets to the finish line before the boats do -- the boats don't have to contend with traffic and tolls and parking problems. And the boats are going really fast! Maybe UPS and FedEx should consider delivering by boat -- works for the drug-runners.

From what I remember of last year, I'm looking forward to your stories of Rick's adventures... Although I feel slightly guilty that it may be at his expense...

I have to keep some secrets... - 05/10/04 06:03 PM

or Tommy Bahama won't want me next year! It's part of my mystery and allure, which makes me appear more competent and knowledgeable that I really am...

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!

[Linked Image]

Yes, we understand that. - 05/10/04 06:11 PM

But, to report that team has dropped out without providing any follow up information is frustrating to say the least. Espeically when you know the team is extremely well prepared and were poised to be one of the top teams.

Make no mistake I appreciate the coverage, but sometimes...

Dave

Now there is a caption contest waiting to happen - 05/10/04 06:13 PM

"I'm sure this is where I left my car keys"

OK - follow up... - 05/10/04 06:16 PM

Mike and Dave are really disappointed, of course. Mike said that he felt there was no chance he could get back on the boat later in the week, and that if he pulled the plug now, he could avoid losing hotel deposits, fuel costs, etc., etc. The Tybee and OBX race management were very understanding and let them off the hook. They're driving north now.

Better?

Re: Now there is a caption contest waiting to happen - 05/10/04 06:16 PM

I was taking the boat's temperature!

Re: Holy Crap! - 05/10/04 06:22 PM

Tybee first, Castrol second, looks like Key in third!

edit - it was Bliss on the yellow boat, not Key in third!

Re: Holy Crap! - 05/10/04 06:41 PM

they finished already huh?
Posted By: arbo06

Caption..... - 05/10/04 08:14 PM

Cough for me please.....
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums