Catsailor.com

prindle 19 purchase

Posted By: ucfsailor19

prindle 19 purchase - 09/28/04 07:57 PM

hey all, just purchased a 1986 prindle 19 with a new jib and a kevlar main, for 1600. the only problem is the left hull got a hole about the size of a half dollar from this past hurricane. The left hull also feels a little soft on the side though im not sure how soft it should be, any tips on fixing these problems would be great.

thanks
Pete
Posted By: MauganN20

Re: prindle 19 purchase - 09/29/04 03:10 PM

I think the reason you haven't gotten a response yet is because the process of patching a hole that size in a boat is actually quite long and drawn out. Do you have any experience with fiberglass?
Posted By: Sycho15

Re: prindle 19 purchase - 09/29/04 06:47 PM

Where in the hull is the hole? Many towns have people that will come to your boat and do the repair in about an hour, for $60 or so. For the convinience it's money well spent.

Re: prindle 19 purchase - 09/30/04 03:55 PM

the hole is in the starbord hull towards the back and just in front of the hull inspection hole.

thanks,
Peter
Posted By: BrianK

Re: prindle 19 purchase - 09/30/04 06:51 PM

Im assuming since your a name is ucfsailor you live in Central Florida. You can try posting on the 1design.net (Florida cat site) forum that you need some help fixing fiberglass. I know there are a couple of Central Florida sailors that read that forum and have helped others fix their hulls for a small fee (well worth it).

P.S. Perhaps you can also tell me why the Knights football team sucks so bad (Im a UCF alumni).

Brian

Re: prindle 19 purchase - 10/01/04 04:25 AM

ha, thanks, about the football team i don't understand we hired this "awesome" coach and pay him lots of money and have posters of him all over school, who knows maybe a good team might do the trick.
thanks
Pete
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums