Catsailor.com

San Fran Bridge to Bridge Race

Posted By: scooby_simon

San Fran Bridge to Bridge Race - 10/20/04 07:58 PM

Guys,

Any idea why there are no cats in San Francisco's bridge to bridge race.

I am having an 'interesting' 'discussion' with some skiff sailors as they won't believe that a tornado is faster than a Skiff on the Yachts and Yachting Forum (need to be a member to view) Fastest dingy , page 6 is where we are 'discusing T's VS skiffs

Anyway, nack to my point, were no cats invited ?

Posted By: TSurfer

Re: San Fran Bridge to Bridge Race - 10/21/04 12:20 AM

Simon,

There's just not many cat enthusiast's in the SF area.
All that was required was a registration form/fee to enter.
(I was busy getting married and honeymooning.)

Gone are the days when the C-Class, 18 squares and 18ft skiffs were all racing here within weeks of each other.
I do recall an unofficial reaching dual between a C-Class and an 18ft skiff (Color 7) I believe, in the early eighties that the C-Class won.

Posted By: jfint

Re: San Fran Bridge to Bridge Race - 10/21/04 12:36 AM

I didn't even kon about it, i have been kinda wanting to do that particular race but have yet to run across anythign with dates and what-not. Incedently Tim and anyone else in Cali, If your interested in going to the San Luis Obispo/Morro Bay area for halloween weekend, 3oth and 31st. There is this oktoberfest thing, nothing really official, but we like ot get an many boats onthe bay as we can. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BRING YOUR OWN BOAT. We have about 8 and not enough people to sail them all. They aren't all in tip-top shape, but there all sailable, All NACRAS except two prindle 19's. Tim, I have a 5.2 you could borrow if you wanted to come down.
Posted By: ejpoulsen

Re: San Fran Bridge to Bridge Race - 10/21/04 03:24 AM

RE Morro Bay...where and when?
Posted By: jfint

Re: San Fran Bridge to Bridge Race - 10/21/04 05:22 AM

October 30th and 31st, sat and sun, we are slaves of the tide where we sail, but there are big tides both days, should get some good sailing in.
Posted By: TSurfer

Re: San Fran Bridge to Bridge Race - 10/21/04 04:11 PM

Josh,

The St. Francis Yacht Club hosted that race. You can always check yacht club web sites for their regatta schedules.
If we didn't do a halloween street party I would most likely make it down for your October fest. Thanks for the invite and boat offer.
Let me know when you have another similar event.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums