Catsailor.com

What OTHER boat(s) do you own?

Posted By: Sycho15

What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/12/05 08:31 PM

What non-beachcat boats do you own?

I've got a 1974 Seafarer 24. You can see it at... my "Boat Page" on the Seafarer Research Center. It's a great little cruising boat that's able to go offshore. Some have crossed the Atlantic, others have puttered about the South Pacific. I'm going to fix it up and equip it to cruise the Carribean at least.

I also have a '60s StarCraft 14 aluminum semi-V with a 10hp Mercury to move it. I've built a large plywood casting deck on the front with seperate anchor locker and storage compartment. Next I'll be building an aft U-shaped casting deck. Eventually I want to move up to a 20hp Merc. to move the added weight around better. It's a fun little fishing/snorkeling boat!
Posted By: Jake

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/12/05 08:55 PM

I have a Hunter 23 monodull...it's a lot of fun with a bunch of people on board.

http://www.teamseacats.com/hunter/

Jake
Posted By: Sailfast115

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/12/05 09:50 PM

i have a hobie wave, a sol cat 15 w/a 18 rig on it. and a boat i m fond of because of it s long history on barnegat bay a woodpussy (it s acatboat).besides my 18 square w/spin
Posted By: flumpmaster

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/12/05 09:58 PM

I have an 8' Walker Bay Dinghy - loads of fun to take out when it is white capping and Clear Lake is empty of all other sail boats.

The other beach cat sailors made fun of it until they took turns using it at a party - it was hard to get some of them to give it up!

Chris.
http://hobietiger.com
Posted By: John Williams

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/12/05 10:24 PM

17-foot Cape Horn (center console) with a 115 HP saltwater Mercury - I use it exclusively for race committee. OK, once in a while, the wife likes a quick sunset cruise around the Bayou, but not often - she works too hard.

She's called the Two Easy. I love her. Very much.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mary

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/12/05 10:45 PM

A Hobie Skiff, which has survived many years of abuse .....so far.

Good thing you didn't ask about all the boats people have owned during their lifetimes.
Posted By: palmwolfe

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/12/05 11:25 PM

this is my Beach Comber Dory at anchor off Key Largo, jib is down, sold my p18 when the kids were too little, bought this, and after getting tired of going slow got another p18,
that was before I knew about the real fast cats!

Attached picture 42827-dory.jpg
Posted By: Robi

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/12/05 11:33 PM

Does a bodyboard count? It aint a boat, but travels pretty fast once a wave is cought!!
Posted By: h18catsailor

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/13/05 12:15 AM

I have a 25ft oday that I am STILL trying to put back together. I recently bought a International Tempest. This is a 22ft mono racer that was once used in the olympics. Seems to be a lot of fun for local club racing and we have 5 currently racing.

David
Posted By: pitchpoledave

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/13/05 12:16 AM

18' Achilles SU18 inflatable with centre console and a Yamaha 90hp. Bought it for a crash boat for regattas.
Posted By: arbo06

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/13/05 12:19 AM

24' Searay Sundeck and half of a H20.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/13/05 12:41 AM

Currently maintain 5 holes in the water. Catalina 25, Cal21, MC Scow, Nacra 5.2, and a 1974 Skeeter SweetThing (tri hull/center console/deck boat) with 85hp Evenrude used for committe/chase boat.

Cat makes me smile the most!

Terry

This confession is good for the soul!
Posted By: Cookie Monster

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/13/05 12:49 AM

Two Necky Cruiser sit-on-top kayaks. Great choice to socialize and maneuver around Pensacola Beach during raft-ups for the 4th of July and Blue Angel's Air Show. Good fuel economy too, one beer per mile.

Attached picture 42843-sjkayak.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/13/05 09:31 AM

Just bought my second Farr 3.7 - 12ft single trapeze skiff.

Mark.
Posted By: windwardrail

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/17/05 08:30 PM

I own a P18, (#73) . I also own a restored 1968 Oday Mariner (1186) http://oday.home.att.net/index.htm, a sunfish, a dingy and a mistral windsurfer. We don't need no stikin motors !
Doug Kilgore
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/17/05 11:19 PM

I have a "Buncha" windsurfers and appertunant equipment (sails, booms, masts). Mostly Fanatic and Bic with UP rigs. Used to race a lot on windsurfers, but have more fun doublehanding on the "I" boat (Nacra 20)... I have someone else to blame!
Posted By: writer

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/18/05 12:12 AM

Formula 14 on the trailer is next to a Windmill (15.5 feet, like a faster Snipe). I think OPB is the best kind of boat. 'Other People's Boats.' I teach sailing for Offshore Sailing School which has Colgate 26, Hunter 36 and Hunter 47s for class in a number of US exotic locations.
I also crew on a Flying Dutchman, and sail with most anything in the course of the writing gig for St. Petersburg Times newspaper.
But the most fun is tinkering with strange ideas on the F-14. Also humbling, sometimes.
Posted By: Tom Korz

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/18/05 12:35 AM

F/C 31R, 2-H16, H Tiger & a Wave.

We are actually down a couple O'boats
Posted By: thom

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/18/05 03:27 AM

F25c,ARC22,FMS20 for me...

thom
Posted By: dannyb9

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/18/05 01:25 PM

i have a hobie 16, 14t, 16' 'battoe' sailing skiff, 17' c class sailing canoe, 17' s&g kayak, 14' necky, 14' phoenix, 13' phoenix kayaks. 2 alpha windsurfers. a yard art h13 thats not sailable. my 2 kids have a sunfish and 8' sailing pram, 15' s&g kayak and 9' kayak. NO MOTORS! : )
Posted By: jfint

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/18/05 09:21 PM

I have a nacra 5.2 a prindle 19, and a laser. Although i think the laser will be up for sale this week. and the 5.2 will follow, I wanna fix the little leak before i sell it though
Posted By: George_Malloch

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/18/05 11:27 PM

Still have a Laser .eps which gets an occasional sail (one of the 15 year olds in GBR national Topper squad borrows it sometimes and sails it far better than I ever did...).

Might sell it this year if I ever get round to fixing the leaky seam at the stern.
Posted By: LuckyDuck

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/19/05 03:39 AM

I own a Hunter 30 and a Laser. I haven't touched either since I got the A-Cat. Need to sell the Laser,,,,maybe.
Posted By: dunebug

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/30/05 10:25 PM

h-17,14,16,sol-18,& fiberon 17 kinda like a super sunfish.
Posted By: Brian_Mc

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/31/05 03:56 AM

Hobie 17, Sunfish, Mini Sail, 2 Lincoln Quoddy Lite kayaks,and a Wilderness Systems(?) Pamlico Kayak.
Posted By: Andinista

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/31/05 02:56 PM

Nacra 5.0 and Laser II. Like them both, the cat is fast and so fun, if I had to choose I would choose the cat, but on monohulls I find a mystic that I havn´t found on cats, and the Laser II is such a great one. You feel and negotiate each wave and the trapeze requires much more work. And when you get it planing, it´s unbeatable, at high speed the centerboard start to vibrate and sound. (don´t feel the same with the Laser I, though).
I occasionally sail with my father on a 38 feet Wauquiez. Different kind of experience, but I guess also contributes to the mystic I mention on monohulls
Posted By: sbflyer

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 01/31/05 03:56 PM

Besides two 5.2's, a Rave hydrofoil. It's the only boat that I ever felt like I didn't need to go any faster on.
Posted By: davefarmer

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 02/01/05 06:44 AM

H16, TheMightyHobie18 Mag, SC20, Reynolds 21, whitewater kayak, 3 sailboards (w/ 7 rigs). Speed is good!
Posted By: CaptainKirt

Re: What OTHER boat(s) do you own? - 02/02/05 03:48 AM

1972 Searay IO ski/tubing boat for the kids and committee duty, Freedom 21 (gotta love that CF freestanding rig),
Hobie 14turbo, Prindle 15, Prindle 18, Laser, MC scow, Alpha windsurfer, 14' kayak, 10' Catyak (my first cat ever!), LCD A cat, Taipan 4.9, and Flyer-
Don't ask how many cars/trucks I own
And don't tell my wife about this list-

Kirt
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums