Posted By: HobieZealot

Portsmouth or One Design - 04/08/05 11:17 PM

What Do You Want?

Posted By: PpS

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/09/05 12:31 AM

Is there realy a question?
Posted By: Jamie Diamond

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/09/05 12:48 AM

Yes, that's what I want. Portsmouth or One Design/Formula. I think you've captured the majority. But where's the "Yes" button?
Posted By: John Williams

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/09/05 03:00 PM

Agree with Jamie - give me Portsmouth or one design racing any day of the week.
Posted By: Jalani

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/09/05 05:42 PM

If I were in the USA I'd want both. (We have in the UK)
Posted By: PpS

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/09/05 05:56 PM

I'll get back in a Laser before I race portsmouth, texel, ims, phrf, you name it.
Posted By: Bob_Curry

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/10/05 02:44 AM

You ARE missing the "YES" button!

Seriously, who cares??

Bob
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/11/05 05:18 PM

hmmmm.... maybe it's a Laser thing.
Posted By: Mary

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/11/05 08:53 PM

Hey, Bob Curry,
I don't think your vote should count. You don't have to care. You are always so far ahead of everybody else, it doesn't matter whether it is one-design or handicap.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/11/05 11:18 PM

I don't think your vote should count. You don't have to care. You are always so far ahead of everybody else, it doesn't matter whether it is one-design or handicap.

Hee Hee! I second that!
Posted By: EasyReiter

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/12/05 06:06 PM

Right, I'll have one please.

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/12/05 10:08 PM

It's a good thing nobody has posted a poll asking what flavor of ice cream people prefer between vanilla and chocolate.

"Well, sometimes I like vanilla, and sometimes I like chocolate."

"Well, actually I like both equally, so I can't choose between them."

"Well, why can't we mix the vanilla and chocolate together?"

The way the premise of that poll SHOULD be set up is that if you don't make a choice between vanilla and chocolate, you just aren't going to get any ice cream at all.

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/13/05 11:59 AM

Bump

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/13/05 03:13 PM

I vote For One Design, everyone please buy an Inter 20.

This might as well be vanilla and Chocolate, Even if everyone voted for one design it would make 0 no nada zip difference in the world. This poll is meaningless
you might as well make the poll (and I would but cant figure it out)
I would like to buy a _________ from hobie and race one design.
I would not like to buy a ___________ from hobie and will continue to race what I already own.

I love one design racing because you know exactly how you are doing at all points of sail and the tactics are way more fun. I only get to do it at about one or two regattas a year. and even then I have to sail through the slower boats and deal with boats on the course that I am not even sailing against. If your question is Portsmouth or not race then I vote portsmouth.

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/13/05 03:45 PM

So I read your reply to mean that you actually prefer one-design but you are voting for Portsmouth. In that case, you are right -- the poll does not mean anything.

What is so difficult about having a preference? I'm just not getting something about how people look at polls.

P.S. I don't have a clue what one-design racing has to do with Hobie, so why do people keep bringing that up?

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/13/05 09:21 PM

LOL....

The poll says "what do you want" fair enough.. I want one design at every regatta I go to....

I want nice sunny days, and fair wind.

I want one design to be inter 20s

I want to be in the top of my class.

I want to never capsize.

I want my beautiful wife to sail with me at every regatta.
Posted By: Robi

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/13/05 09:49 PM

LOL....

The poll says "what do you want" fair enough.. I want one design at every regatta I go to....

I want nice sunny days, and fair wind.

I want one design to be inter 20s

I want to be in the top of my class.

I want to never capsize.

I want my beautiful wife to sail with me at every regatta.

Now thats not wanting, its more like dreaming.
Posted By: Dermot

Re: Portsmouth or One Design - 04/14/05 01:03 AM

LOL....

I want nice sunny days, and fair wind. 50% in 2004

I want one design to be inter 20s Or Spitfire. OK I had to sail Open Class (If I was in the UK I would have had One Design)

I want to be in the top of my class. I won 1 Event and came 2nd in another

I want to never capsize. It happened once in the Nationals.

I want my beautiful wife to sail with me at every regatta. She did many years ago, but it realy isn't her thing - have to accept that.

If I have as good a 2005 season, it will be GREAT
Posted By: Tom Korz

Move to Central New York - 04/14/05 01:29 AM

We have a GREAT H16 Fleet. (With women & youth participating ) at unprecedented levels.

AND we also have probably the largest Tiger/F18 starts that are sailing in the area.

Promotion to utes and the ladies is KEY.

And boats that can physically be sailed by smaller people make it happen.

Been to an I20 nationals and it was just a little better than goin to a (ahem) Gentleman's Club.

Went to the H16 Worlds in Mex and the mix was amazing. Utes, ladies,and 300 boats

oh yeah, no one forced anyone to buy a certain brand, folks just saw where the fun/competition (interchangable) was.

The point is get the UTES!!!!

Ready for the flame.

Wish I was at the Alter Cup

Point high & Foot Fast

Attached picture 47722-to be sorted 580.jpg
Posted By: Eric Anderson

One Design gets my vote - 04/14/05 02:24 AM

Personaly, I much prefer 1 design. I would much rather sail in a 6 boat A cat fleet then in a 20 boat portsmouth fleet. I am far more interested in the sailing then the social aspects of regattas. However, I also (belatedly) realized that if you are going to train and practice, you better have a boat that you enjoy sailing. Some previus boats I have owned have been fun to race because of the competition but have not been very enjoyable for me to sail. I found myself hating the boat even as I enjoyed the regattas. I prefer responsive, high tech boats that I enjoy sailing. I can go out on any given day by myself on the A cat and have a blast sailing.
Fortunately I have an outlet and that is the A cat in the summer and the DN iceyacht in the winter. If I lived elsewhere, I would probably be screwed. I honestly don't know what I would do if I moved to an area that I couldn't race one design.

Sail Fast,
Sail Light
Eric Anderson
A class US 28
DN US 5193
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums