Catsailor.com

nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing

Posted By: alutz

nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/20/05 12:39 PM

Check out this little trailer (19MB) ...
http://www.18ht.ch/movies/sui155.mpg
Posted By: CraigO

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/20/05 12:51 PM

Nice video!!
and
Good Music!!

Thanks for sharing
Posted By: wyatt

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/20/05 01:21 PM

Andi:

Is this your video stream? It is so well done, we'd like to use it on our small Fleet's website. If it's not yours, do you know the author?

Thanks,

Wyatt
Fleet 119, Western New York Catamaran Association

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/20/05 01:26 PM

Hi wyatt it is not my video, but I will ask the producers what they think about it.

Could you please give us a link to your website?
Posted By: Redtwin

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/20/05 10:25 PM

Those were some serious telltales.

-Rob V.
Panama City
Posted By: Robi

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/21/05 02:08 AM

for some reason I cannot download this video. It goes to around 1mb and all of sudden it just stops.

Hapens using mozilla and internet explorer. Anyone have any mirrors?
Posted By: flumpmaster

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/21/05 03:52 AM

Andi,

Do you know which lake it was filmed on? It looks like it may be the Lake of Thun (I thought I recognized some of the mountains). Gorgeous scenery - very different from the flat lands of Texas.

Chris.

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/21/05 05:56 AM

You know we are close to chrismas, so the guy was thinking ahead...

Some Lametta dosn't hurt ;-)

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/21/05 06:01 AM

Hey Chris

You are right, lake of thun!
This lake has some nice moderate winds in the afternoon.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Robi

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/21/05 06:52 AM

OK thanks for the torture guys, but now seriously. HOW the heck can I get this video?

I must have tried over 20 times already I get to 22% and it STOPS!

All these replies just making it worst! I want to see it like yesterday!

Smaller Quicktime Version - 10/21/05 06:59 AM

Hi Robi

There is also a smaller Version of the trailer, but it runs only with newest Version of Quicktime.

http://www.18ht.ch/movies/sui155.mov

Link to Quicktime ...
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

Hope you get along!
Posted By: wyatt

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/21/05 09:49 AM

Andi:

I tried to write your email address, but it came back; you must have changed it.

Thanks for looking into permission to use the video trailer.

We're a small sailing fleet, about forty boats. We usually run a Hobie Regatta every summer and bring in about sixty boats. This trailer could help us get a few more people interested; we have room for another five boats at our beach area.

www.wnycatamaran.org should get you there. We'll be building a new website this winter (I ski, but we have a lot more time on our hands) and this could dress it up.

Sincerely,

Wyatt

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/21/05 10:15 AM

Hi Wyatt

I send you a email!

Greetings Andi
Posted By: DougSkinner

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/24/05 12:32 AM

That's a great video! Thanks for posting it. I gotta get my boat together and get it out into water.
Posted By: SOMA

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/24/05 01:08 AM

I can't see the first one or the Quicktime version. On the first one I get a bunch of text, on the quicktime I get the audio but a blank screen
Posted By: Timbo

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/24/05 02:15 PM

Hey Andi, is there any cat racing going on at Lake Zurich? I get to Zurich once in a while. I have been out on the lake in one of the tour boats, I saw lots of mono hulls, some 49'ers too, but no cats. How far from Zurich is the lake where you sail? Thanks.

www.1design.net

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/24/05 02:48 PM

Hi Tim

There are a quite a few cats at the lake of Zurich too. But there is usually not allot of wind on this lake.
It would be nice to get you to know! I’m living about one hour away from the zurich airport. I send you a PM with my contact.
Posted By: Dermot

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/24/05 09:04 PM

Hey Tim,
Glad that you were out of the line of fire !

It's great that you get to meet so many of us around the world through you job - BUT has anyone got you out sailing yet ?
Andi, will you be the first to actually take him sailing - or will he end up in the pub, like he did with Wouter and myself

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/25/05 07:03 AM

The winter season is approaching fast here. But the sailing season is not over yet! There is still one race to go, the 'Eiserne'. It is traditionally the last race of the season at the end of november here at the lake of constance, Bodensee.
Everybody races togehther, liberas, skiffies, lead mines, dinghis, santa clauses and allways some cats.
After the race is a big party and everbody has fun!

Until then, we remain race ready
But of course the temparature tends to be rather cold now....

Otherwise we are allways ready to go for the bar and at talk about sailing!

[Linked Image]

Brr that water is freezing ...
[Linked Image]

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/25/05 11:37 AM

Hey Dermot, I'm affraid every time I try the weather turns to crap, it must be the black cloud that follows me where ever I go! BUT...as Winter sets in across the Brittish Isles and Europe, the best wind comes to Florida! So, you guys need to come over and sail with us!

Hurrican Wilma hammered Miami and the Keys yesterday, I don't know what the boat/beach damage was but I'm sure it probably crunched more than a few cats and wiped out a few beaches. Hopefully there will still be some motels open in January for the Tradewinds regatta in the Keys but the local news says they are under water and without power right now.

Up north, north of Palm Beach, we are ok, didn't even lose power, and only had some tree damage. If you guys come over I'm sure we can get you out sailing. I think we need an International Regatta around Orlando every winter, put you guys on our boats. In the mean time, I am more than happy to hang out with you guys in your pubs and plan for next season!

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/25/05 08:51 PM

Andi, in that second picture above, what is that skiff on it's side, with the big racks, is that a Laser 5000? How do they score that regatta? By separate fleets or all together by handicap time? It looks like fun!

Which lake does Ernesto Barterelli race his big carbon cat on?

Dermot, I'm lucky to have good people like yourself and Wouter, who speak the same language (the cat racing language!) who are willing to show me around. Thanks to all of you.

You know you all are always welcome in Florida. Come on over, I'm sure Matt will let you try his Blades and I'll buy the beer.
Posted By: _flatlander_

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/25/05 09:10 PM

I think that big skiff is one of these.

http://www.f1sail.com/

ps check out the video ps

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/26/05 06:16 AM

No, that is the 18-Footer from Sammy Smits (Alias 'Bademeister' )

When multis and monos race together we use the Bodensee Yardstick and when the multis race by them self, we use the texel rating system.
I don't how the Yardstick-Commitee calculates the correction factor for the Bodensee Yardstick.

Bertarelli races at 'Lac Leman' lake of geneva in the french part of switzerland.
Posted By: Redtwin

Re: nice and easy! swiss-lake sailing - 10/27/05 10:32 PM

If you are using Windows Mediaplayer it should work. Just download the latest Codec. One other thing you can try doing is downloading it to your hard drive and playing it from there where you don't have to worry about streaming video. Right click on the link and select "Save target as" and save it to your computer. I hope that works... I know you don't have to hear it, but it is a good video.

-Rob V.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums