Catsailor.com

snuffer

Posted By: basket.case

snuffer - 11/27/01 12:20 PM

does any one have a good description how to build your own snuffer? i would like to try to but one together.
<br>thanx<br><br>
Posted By: Todd_Sails

Re: snuffer - 11/27/01 02:22 PM

Mr. Case,
<br>
<br>I've put a prototype together, based on input from others, including a working homemade. I'm using a 12'6" alloy pole, with a carbon fiber tennis racket put into the end, with an old jib bag fashioned as the snuffer bag. At this time the opening is not angled. Although the weather is pretty nice here around Galveston, holidays and a 1 yr old, I haven't tried it yet. I'm using an I-20 spin, which works very well on my Nacra 6.0. Look at the archives on the old forum about a month or so ago, theres a long thread on this topic.<br><br>

Re: snuffer - 11/27/01 02:25 PM

how are you running the retirever line?<br><br>
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: snuffer - 11/27/01 03:22 PM

Know anyone who has put Snuffer or Hooter on Hobie 17? I want to go hang with the big boys?<br><br>

Attached File
4277-  (22 downloads)

Re: snuffer - 11/28/01 12:43 PM

I will run the retrievel line like on the I-20. I purposefully purchaed an I-20 chute so I wouldn't have to modify the chute for a retrievel line. I've used it several races and sails tramp bagging it. IT WORKS GREAT! VERY POWERFUL AND FAST!<br><br>

Re: snuffer - 11/28/01 11:54 PM

ok. how do they do it on the i 20?<br><br>

Re: snuffer - 11/29/01 03:13 PM

Retrieval line:
<br>From the head, thru the halyard top block(mines a rotating hound system, better for your mast), thru the bottom block and cleat, still the same line thru the aft end of the bag, thru the grommet in the sail, to the tab in the sail. The retrieval line is continous with the halyard. Anyone else with a better explanation, please post in.
<br>
<br>Todd Bouton
<br>N6.0na, sq top main, + spin
<br>#111<br><br>

Attached File
4351-  (16 downloads)
Posted By: BWalker

Re: snuffer - 11/29/01 07:28 PM

Add a block on the rear beam, go through the cleat for the halyard, to the block on the rear beam, then through the aft end of the bag.
<br>
<br>The block on the rear beam keeps the halyard/retrieval line clean and untangled. You don't want the posibility of a knot when you go to drop the chute a boatlength from 'C' mark.
<br>
<br>Brtian Walker
<br>I20 #313<br><br>

Attached File
4359-  (16 downloads)

Re: snuffer - 12/01/01 02:01 AM

under the tramp, right?<br><br>

Re: snuffer - 12/02/01 04:23 AM

Me thinks if it were under the tramp, you couldn't get to it to launch or snuff.<br><br>

Re: snuffer - 12/02/01 09:28 PM

ya, but with it on the tramp, it is one more thing to trip on.<br><br>
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: snuffer - 12/03/01 12:20 AM

the line runs on top of the tramp but under all lines. <br><br>

Attached File
4419-  (14 downloads)

Re: snuffer - 12/03/01 03:09 AM

my boat is 13'6" wide and i do not have any lines on the tramp and i would like to try to keep it that way if i can. any other ideas?<br><br>
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums