Catsailor.com

Hobie R&D

Posted By: mmiller

Hobie R&D - 04/01/06 05:12 PM

Greg and Jacques will be putting the new US designed Hobie F18 NA through its paces at the Coronado spring regatta this weekend. It will be interesting to see how the new boat performs against the Tigers and other open class boats. Greg says the new boat smokes down wind! Jacques calls the new design the "Hobie Foxicorn" since the hull shape somewhat follows the Fox and Capricorn design lines and bows. Should be interesting! We are expecting this new design to be produced at our Australia facility starting in the fall.
Posted By: rhodysail

Re: Hobie R&D - 04/01/06 05:16 PM

Greg and Jacques will be putting the new US designed Hobie F18 NA through its paces at the Coronado spring regatta this weekend. It will be interesting to see how the new boat performs against the Tigers and other open class boats. Greg says the new boat smokes down wind! Jacques calls the new design the "Hobie Foxicorn" since the hull shape somewhat follows the Fox and Capricorn design lines and bows. Should be interesting! We are expecting this new design to be produced at our Australia facility starting in the fall.

LOL
You had me for a good 15 seconds
Nice one
Happy April 1
Posted By: Rolf_Nilsen

Re: Hobie R&D - 04/01/06 05:18 PM

Any news on the Hobie A-cat
Posted By: Jake

Re: Hobie R&D - 04/03/06 03:04 AM

Yeah - that had my brow crinkled for a minute too.

Re: Hobie R&D - 04/03/06 04:08 PM

Jeez Bob... You only let me have 4 Minutes of fun before you busted me!
Posted By: Mark Meis

Re: Hobie R&D - 04/03/06 08:17 PM

Post a picture or 2.
Posted By: _flatlander_

Re: Hobie R&D - 04/03/06 08:30 PM

Post a picture or 2.

OK

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Hobie R&D - 04/03/06 08:30 PM

Mark:

He is April Fooling you! You race with Mud Dog Larry Hurtado. Can I catch a ride on your F-28 sometime? I lost Larry's number can you PM it ar email it to me?

Doug Snell
Hobie 17
dsnell4 at houston dot rr dot com
281-326-2702

Re: Hobie R&D - 04/03/06 09:37 PM

Here ya go...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dacarls

Re: Hobie R&D - 04/03/06 09:57 PM

Hey- I think "ButcherKnife" is better than "Foxicorn". But then again, what was the real name of Crocodile Dundee's "Knoife".

So is April 1 still alive somehwere on the planet?
Posted By: Dan_Delave

Re: Hobie R&D - 04/03/06 09:58 PM

Hi all:

Matt asked me not to send this picture, or even post it anywhere, but I am on your side. If there is something out there that is going to be interesting in the near future I want to know about it. I am sure you do too. This is the boat (Foxicorn?) with a Hobie Tiger rig on it. They, Hobie, are thinking of just using this rig as it has been so successful. We think it sails alot like the new Infusion but we will will see how it sails in Europe to know for sure. That is my own snuffer on it, because Eileen is used to sailing with it.

Later,
Dan

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bvining

Re: Hobie R&D - 04/03/06 11:48 PM

Are the bows in this photo altered? It looks like a bad photoshop job.

Re: Hobie R&D - 04/03/06 11:52 PM

Dan had one of the very first Foxicorn phototypes. Must have had a bad gel coat job on the reworked bows.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums