Catsailor.com

I've got a Fever...

Posted By: dave mosley

I've got a Fever... - 04/10/06 10:06 PM

anyone else?

Posted By: NCSUtrey

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/10/06 10:51 PM

Spring Fever that is...........
See ya'll on Wed night when I get there...I'm bringin the party with me. NC State will have 4 boats representing this year!

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/10/06 11:14 PM

Trey,, bring your Axe...
Posted By: Jake

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/10/06 11:17 PM

Oh no....we're not chopping up more boats are we? (or do you mean the kind with strings?).

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/10/06 11:18 PM

Jake, bring your horn, the Lawrence Welk road show will make another appearence
Posted By: SunnyZ

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/10/06 11:22 PM

You guys are going to have a great time! Have one for me.

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/10/06 11:29 PM

Wendy, you need to make an appearance, if for no other reason than Dave sings like crap, and I'm no better. I'm not even going to comment on Jake's voice... So Wendy, that leaves just you to sing for us. Jake will have the horn, Dave will have the geeeetar, and I'll bring my geeetar and a banjo...and we'll show 'em how it's done.
I'm stoked!

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/10/06 11:34 PM

I like the he talks, he likes the way I talk, uh huh.
sincerely,
Carl

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/10/06 11:37 PM

Dave, are you already pregaming Spring Fever?

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/10/06 11:38 PM

Trey, I don't think I know any of your songs and I am just guessing you don't know mine but I learn quickly. LOL.

I would love to and I could probably swing Saturday but at this point I really don't know.

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/10/06 11:41 PM

Well, I think between Dave, Jake, and I, we can hack out just about anything ever written. I can promise you, though, that you would not regret coming to Spring Fever and hanging out for a day or so at least. It just can't be beat!

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/11/06 01:44 AM

It looks like I really am going to sit this one out. You guys have a great time and let those Mystere skippers know I am going to have some questions for them!
Posted By: AlanOSauras

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/11/06 02:10 AM

I've got a fever...and the only cure is more catamarans!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!! I can't wait
Posted By: MauganN20

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/11/06 03:43 AM

the GPS coordinates of the Margarita party have not been posted yet!

Whats going on here?!?!
Posted By: drbinkle

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/11/06 04:47 AM

Yeah, I just pulled my Margaritaville boat flag out of storage. It'll be flying high all week. So how about some GPS coordinates for the party?
Posted By: ReefedOne

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/12/06 12:38 AM

Sounds like a more organized version of the wing-dings we used to have at Lake McConaughy ("Big Mac", Nebraska) on 3-day weekends. Hope the winds come up for ya!

I'd love to go--great way to dive back into cat sailing--but when you live in So-Fla, the 'tives from the Frozen North always descend for Easter... guess I could just leave them the keys and a note, lol...

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/12/06 12:44 AM

Weather reports say lower to mid 80's (yowzers) and wind on Friday 10-15, with it feathering a bit on Saturday to 5 to 10.

No rain in the forecast. I'm stoked.
Posted By: MarkW_F18

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/12/06 09:40 PM

NOAA is forcasting 15-18 on Friday and 10 for Sat and Sun... Air Temp in the 80's and the beer in the low 30's. Should be lots of fun

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/12/06 10:47 PM

Can anyone get a good read on the water temp of Hartwell?

I took a swim in Keowee two weekends ago, and it was cold, but not unbearably so.

I need to figure out if I'm wearing the drysuit. I'll bring it, but I don't want to get into it in the morning and have to go through stripping it off later.
Posted By: John Williams

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/12/06 11:13 PM

Take the drysuit - the water is really cold. Wear shorts and a polypro top underneath with a half-harness and you'll be comfortable. In fact, I dare you to tempt the wind gods - leave the harness clipped through the hiking strap on your way out to the start line. Otherwise, I fear you'll be sitting on the low side Sat and Sun...

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/13/06 12:09 AM

John

Those of us that are SERIOUS about our racing

don't own a "half" harness :P

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/13/06 12:39 AM

Can anyone get a good read on the water temp of Hartwell?

I took a swim in Keowee two weekends ago, and it was cold, but not unbearably so.

I need to figure out if I'm wearing the drysuit. I'll bring it, but I don't want to get into it in the morning and have to go through stripping it off later.

Hartwell is usually a couple of degrees warmer than Keowee.

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/13/06 12:43 AM

Jake, I figured it would be.

You back on the Right Coast yet?

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/13/06 12:53 AM

Jake, I figured it would be.

You back on the Right Coast yet?

My body is...my mind is still making it's way back here. I don't know why I keep choosing the overnight flights.

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/13/06 01:05 AM

probably because you're like me and think you can sleep on a plane.

...and can't :P
Posted By: John Williams

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/13/06 01:08 AM

John

Those of us that are in shape don't need a Barcalounger harness to keep fully extended and hiked out properly.
Posted By: PTP

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/13/06 02:48 AM

I want full support out there on the trap for full chillin... just relaxing out on the wire
Posted By: hobie1616

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/13/06 03:00 AM

Those of us that are in shape don't need a Barcalounger harness to keep fully extended and hiked out properly.
Mine has the Magic Fingers upgrade.
Posted By: mikekrantz

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/13/06 11:12 AM

The margaritas will be there, however you'll have to find them without gps numbers this year.

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/13/06 01:05 PM

John

Hey man

Physics and leverage are not on my side
Posted By: MarkW_F18

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/13/06 01:48 PM

NOAA update this morning:
perfect
Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 84. Light wind becoming west between 15 and 18 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low near 59. West wind between 7 and 13 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 84. Breezy, with a west wind 8 to 11 mph increasing to between 19 and 22 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 83.

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/13/06 01:53 PM

Looks like the chase boats are gonna be busy saturday!
Posted By: drbinkle

Re: I've got a Fever... - 04/17/06 05:05 AM

The margaritas will be there, however you'll have to find them without gps numbers this year.

I found them and they were great. Thanks to everyone that put on this regatta. It was an amazing 3 days of sailing.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums