Catsailor.com

Great day

Posted By: jdaf31r

Great day - 05/07/06 10:36 PM

Woke up this morning in the NorthEast and looked out the window to a nice 10-15kt breeze on the lake. Told my wife and Kids I would be back later as I was going sailing. As I drove down to the boat I looked at the outside temp, 47 degrees! No problem I've got a shorty, a dry shirt, wind top and croc's!
After stoping to talk to the homeowner where I keep the boat I decided it was to cold to go out with what I had. So, I drove back to the house, picked up my Guy Cotton TPS immersion suit, and headed back. Rigged the F18HT, and took off singlehanded. two hours later, put the boat back on the beach, derigged, came home cooked breakfast. Does it get much better? Oh wait, The hot tub is going to feel great tonight!
Posted By: SunnyZ

Re: Great day - 05/07/06 11:12 PM

Man, I am so jealous.
Posted By: Mary

Re: Great day - 05/07/06 11:55 PM

You're jealous about somebody sailing somewhere so cold that he has to wear an immersion suit?
Posted By: jdaf31r

Re: Great day - 05/08/06 12:01 AM

nothing better than sailing in the morning and spending the rest of the day with the family.
Posted By: SunnyZ

Re: Great day - 05/08/06 01:21 AM

You're jealous about somebody sailing somewhere so cold that he has to wear an immersion suit?

That is funny, but yeah. I used to kayak down mountain rivers with snow on the banks. I don't mind cold. Sailing in the morning and spending the day with your family and a hot tub sounds perfect.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums