Catsailor.com

Wish I was doing this when I was 13 [Video]

Posted By: TEAMVMG

Wish I was doing this when I was 13 [Video] - 05/22/06 10:21 AM

There was a recent thread discussing cats for juniors. Take a look at the Dragoon video at www.hobiecangas2006.com/ing/framecont.htm Its in the downloads section and you will need to turn off the world Champs Anthem!!!
My youngest son is in it on his boat.

Proper cat sailing too!
Posted By: Erez

Re: Wish I was doing this when I was 13 [Video] - 05/22/06 11:17 AM

Direct link to the video!
http://www.hobiecangas2006.com/downloads/dragoon.wmv
Posted By: sbflyer

Re: Wish I was doing this when I was 13 [Video] - 05/23/06 12:36 AM

I wish I was doing that now...!
Posted By: hobie1616

Re: Wish I was doing this when I was 13 [Video] - 05/23/06 12:51 AM

Excellent!
Posted By: Brian_Mc

Re: Wish I was doing this when I was 13 [Video] - 05/23/06 03:47 AM

Super video! I have to agree, I wish I was doing that at 13, and I wish I was doing it now! Looks like a great boat to learn spin on!
Posted By: Jake

Re: Wish I was doing this when I was 13 [Video] - 05/23/06 11:28 AM

Perhaps it's the kids or weight or something - but does that boat looks to be a little pitch pole prone?
Posted By: scgrant327

Re: Wish I was doing this when I was 13 [Video] - 05/23/06 03:16 PM

Wonderful Youth Vid...

We have a Dragoon here at FWYC. Fun boat and a great way for our youth (and some of us NOT so young) to learn how to manage a Asym spinnaker.

It is a little prone to pitching. You have to REALLY keep on top of that leeward bow. But, even with that added 'stress', it is still a fun ride.

I agree with all who wishes they were doing this at 13...I have been into sailing/racing for about 15 years, so of course my son (14 now) has been doing it his whole life. It is a great activity for kids...boats, sun, water...what could be better?
Posted By: TEAMVMG

Re: Wish I was doing this when I was 13 [Video] - 05/23/06 04:38 PM

Yes Jake, the bows will disappear if you are not careful. The Dragoon is not a tame learner boat, it is pretty lively as the breeze picks up. This is why the kids get a buzz out of learning to sail it properly. It is the National junior catamaran in the UK.
The boys doing the sailing were told to crash and burn a bit to spice things up for the camera.
Paul
Posted By: Jake

Re: Wish I was doing this when I was 13 [Video] - 05/23/06 06:23 PM

If crashing and burning wasn't a distinct possibility, I don't think it would be as attractive to kids.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums