Catsailor.com

Macho Man April 6-7, 2002 -Not for everyone!!!!!

Posted By: dartfast

Macho Man April 6-7, 2002 -Not for everyone!!!!! - 03/31/02 11:22 AM

Something in the name of the race should tell you that the first day of racing is not for your average cat sailor.

"Macho Man Regatta"

You are on your own!

A straight line course of 60 miles of Fun or Hell.

From Davis Island Yacht Club down the bay under the Skyway Bridge out into the Gulf of Mexico then north up the Suncoast past Clearwater through Hurricane Pass to the finish at Sail Honeymoon on the Dunedin Causeway.

It even starts early in the morning so you may finish before dark.

The second day is your more sane triangle race out in the Gulf. This is for us semi-Macho Sailors.

Pick a day or do both. Give us a heads up on your intensions at dartfast@ prodigy.net

Thanks, Terry

Macho man Regatta

The first Day isn’t for everyone

Schedule of Events

Saturday, April 6 (Distance Race)

8:00am Registration

8:30am Beach Start at Davis Island Yacht Club

??? Arrive at Dunedin Causeway Beach

There are no fees, no Portsmouth ratings, no crash boats. You are on your own. This event is for bragging rights only. If you do not reach Dunedin Causeway by 4:00 p.m. please contact the Race Committee at (727) 641-3962 when you retire from racing or arrive at the beach.

Sunday, April 7 (Gulf Buoy Race)

9:00-10:00am Registration

10:15am Skippers Meeting

11:00am Class Flag

4:30pm Awards Ceremony

FEES: Saturday, April 6 No Fee

Sunday, April 7—$10 per boat

Food— $2.50 per person

Races on Sunday, April 7 will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing and the Sailing Instructions.

Trophies 3 deep per Portsmouth Class for races on Sunday, April 7

Posted By: Sycho15

Re: Macho Man April 6-7, 2002 -Not for everyone!!!!! - 04/09/02 02:25 AM

Sure wish I'd have read this earlier! I took the G-Cat out this weekend and did some local sailing on the bottom of Tampa Bay. The wind was blowing hard enough to make soloing a challenge. I got to borrow a Hobie Wave to blast around on for a few minutes and it was a lot of fun, but an extremely wet ride. It would be a much better boat with a trapeze kit...
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums