Catsailor.com

Marks....Marks....Marks

Posted By: catman

Marks....Marks....Marks - 07/31/02 08:04 PM

The race sunday had a bit of everything.If you were there you know what I mean.It took me a week, but I did finally figure out why L.J. asked me if I wanted a protest form.I took a ride last weekend on my power boat and checked out the mark, green # 22 we were supposed to round. #22 is RED not green.I just had to know. If you weren't there you were somewhere else!!!! Have fun. mike
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Marks....Marks....Marks - 08/01/02 03:47 PM

I guess my first clue would have been the even number for a "green" marker. If I recall correctly, red marks are even numbers and green marks are odd.

We had the same problem at Macho Man Day #2, and gained on the leader only because there was a lot of confusion over which mark to round. See? Sometimes it's not too bad to be in the back....

Posted By: Hummer

Re: Marks....Marks....Marks - 08/01/02 06:13 PM

Even numbered marks are always RED and odd numbered marks are always GREEN. Red marks are NUNS or TRIANGLES. Green marks or CANS or Square dayshapes. This is done so that at night you can tell what color a mark is by its shape.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Marks....Marks....Marks - 08/02/02 02:16 PM

I think the confusion probably sprang from not only the misinformation about the mark itself, but the fact that there are several channel markers in relatively close proximity, and it was confusing (at least for us) as to which green one to round....
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums