Catsailor.com

Catsailing around Fort Meyers?

Posted By: dstgean

Catsailing around Fort Meyers? - 01/26/04 10:40 PM

My wife's parents just got a house on Sanibel Is., and I'm looking to hook up with some multihull sailors. I've got access to a Hobie wave, but I'm fairly certian that it will not be making the treck down each year. As a result I'm trying to figure out what to buy. I'd like to primarily daysail, but camp-cruising down to the Everglades has tremendous appeal. I was thinking of buying Reynolds 21. Do you think that might fit the bill? Do you know of anywhere that I can find short term mast up storage in fort Meyers or Sanibel?
Posted By: pete_pollard

Re: Catsailing around Fort Meyers? - 02/04/04 07:10 PM

Sanibel has an ordinance prohibiting leaving it on the beach.

The only legal launching I'm aware of is at Punta Rassa, just before the bridge on the way to Sanibel.

I just bought a Wharram designed "Tiki 21", it may not be fast enough to suite you, but I really enjoy mine. Just completed a cruise from Cape Coral across Florida Bay to Tavernier for NAMSA Mid-Winters, then back home.

Lot me know when you're in town, maybe we can daysail
Posted By: pete_pollard

Re: Catsailing around Fort Meyers? - 02/04/04 07:15 PM

Sorry, didn't understand your message. Should have reread it before I responded.

I keep mine in a wet slip at Ft. Myers Yacht basin. They also have a mooring field for transients. Under power it takes me @ 3 hours from down town to Punta Rassa.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums