Catsailor.com

Infusion cunningham system

Posted By: Gilo

Infusion cunningham system - 02/22/09 03:07 PM

Hi,

The 2008 Infusion cunningham system runs to the trap of the crew. Does anyone know how the system runs in the beam, how long the lines and bungees are?

I'm looking at installing the same on my F16 but don't seem to find how they exactly run the lines.

Thanks
Posted By: NacraF18_566

Re: Infusion cunningham system - 02/24/09 02:37 PM

Hi,

I am not quit sure but from what I remember from opening the beam end caps the syetm inside is the following.

On both sides on the inside of the end cap blocks are mounted. Then you have one long elasitic cord going trough both blocks (going into the beam -> block -> block -> other side out)and having them come out the sides. Tension elestic cord as much as needed.

Posted By: Dan_Delave

Re: Infusion cunningham system - 02/27/09 07:15 PM

I use a continuous line for it. I do not like the bungee idea as my crew holds that line most of the time and I do not want her fighting it.

There is enough of a loop to hold from the wire after you slip it through the crossbar.

Dan
Posted By: Gilo

Re: Infusion cunningham system - 02/28/09 10:31 AM

Dan,

Doesn't the cunningham line get stuck without a bungee? If it hangs loose it always gets in the spinblocks at some time during a race....

Do you run the cunning out the frontbeam to the crew trap and back in? How to you make the line continuous, because a knot could get stuck at some point I would imagine.

Regards,
Gill
Posted By: NacraKid

Re: Infusion cunningham system - 03/01/09 11:19 AM

You can make a continuous system that does also bungee, it works well if you get it right. You have to taper both end of your downhaul onto thier dynema core then splice the ends together. Then along your downhaul inside the beam you have to have two blocks or rings running along it, and these are attached to bungee which goes to a block at eash end of the beam.

Hard to explain but works.
Posted By: Dan_Delave

Re: Infusion cunningham system - 04/16/09 06:11 PM

There is no perfect way to do this. On our boats if we start having trouble with the line getting close to the spinnaker blocks we throw the excess cunningham over the front crossbar to keep it off the trampoline. This does not happen too often for some reason.

If you use any kind of bungee you will probably not have the cunningham in the crews hand at all times, there is too much fighting them. If your crew does your mainsheet then they probably do not have the cunn anyway. Once we tried a light bungee holding the cunningham in for one regatta. Eileen did not like it so I took it off.

To make a continuous line I splice really small line to the ends of the 1/4" and tie them together. There is a knot there but it is way smaller than the line so it does not catch in the through-holes at the ends of the crossbar.

Dan
Posted By: CatSailingHu

Re: Infusion cunningham system - 04/17/09 09:14 PM

this is the pict of Mischa Heemskerk's Infusion from 2007, maybe help you

Attached picture infcunn.jpg
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums