Catsailor.com

Delta Ditch Run - California (Long Distance Race?)

Posted By: Dan_Delave

Delta Ditch Run - California (Long Distance Race?) - 05/19/09 04:57 PM

I know that it is not truly a long distance race in the scheme of things, but for a one day race 75 miles is kind of cool. Looks like we will have as many as 10 Formula 18s sailing in it. This race starts in Richmond, east side of San Francisco bay, and ends up the Delta at Stockton. Mostly a downwind race with some sharp, do we drop the chute, corners.

I have posted a simulated fly over from Google Earth. The first part is the whole course then it gets into the what it looks like to sail it part. See how you like it.

If you are interested and would like to see the evite then email me and I will include you.

The Delta Ditch Run Flyover

Later,
Dan
Posted By: chrisun

Re: Delta Ditch Run - California (Long Distance Race?) - 05/28/09 10:51 PM

If anyone is on the line about doing this race and needs crew - let me know. I highly recommend it. I've done the race 3 times on larger multihulls and would love to do it on an F-18.

I was trying to organize bringing the C-class cat up - but the logistics just aren't coming together for me to bring my own boat.

Christopher
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: Delta Ditch Run - California (Long Distance Race?) - 05/29/09 02:39 PM

I lost my crew for the weekend so I'm out.
Posted By: John Williams

Re: Delta Ditch Run - California (Long Distance Race?) - 05/29/09 03:01 PM

Rich, call Chris.
Posted By: chrisun

Re: Delta Ditch Run - California (Long Distance Race?) - 05/29/09 03:31 PM

I agree.
[Sent you a PM, Rich]

Re: Delta Ditch Run - California (Long Distance Race?) - 05/29/09 06:00 PM

Working on logistics arround obligations on Friday and Monday. If I can be there I will let you know soon.

Re: Delta Ditch Run - California (Long Distance Race?) - 05/29/09 06:53 PM

Ok I'm in need a crew Andy or Christopher? Btw I'm 260 so we will be heavy.
(707) 832-6865

Re: Delta Ditch Run - California (Long Distance Race?) - 05/31/09 09:35 PM

Well Andy has a Prior commitment so I'm trying to get in touch with Christopher. Either way I'm entered and hope to find a crew to run with me.

© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums