Catsailor.com

USA gets 10 slots at Worlds

Posted By: John Williams

USA gets 10 slots at Worlds - 01/23/10 09:23 PM

It has been announced the the US, thanks to a healthy membership drive in 2009, has been allocated 10 berths for the F18 Worlds, July 3-10, 2010 in Erquy, France.

Better let someone know quick if you want to go!

Posted By: Brett Goodall

Re: USA gets 10 slots at Worlds - 01/25/10 10:08 PM

That's a container!!!! Will we see an American container in France???? It would be great to see!!!!
Posted By: TEAMVMG

Re: USA gets 10 slots at Worlds - 01/27/10 07:27 PM

well done US F18 for getting your memberships sorted.
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: USA gets 10 slots at Worlds - 01/28/10 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by John Williams
It has been announced the the US, thanks to a healthy membership drive in 2009, has been allocated 10 berths for the F18 Worlds, July 3-10, 2010 in Erquy, France.

Better let someone know quick if you want to go!

Hello Everyone,

As John has said above US F18 Fleet has been allocated 10 slots for the 2010 F18 World Championship. We have added a provision to the NAF18 Worlds selection process that allows us to use petitions if the rankings are not available. For the 2009 season we do not have national rankings available, this means we will use the petition option to select teams for the 2010 F18 Worlds. Please send your petition to me (my email is in my profile), it needs to include your top 3 events in the past two years plus what you have done to grow the sport over the last two years.

With ten slots it’s doubtful that we will field ten teams and most of the allocation will go back to the international committee to distribute to the wait listed teams. With that said please only submit a petition if you have the resources to realistically go. Please have your petitions to me by midnight EST Friday, February 19, 2010. If we have more than 10 teams the executive committee will review and rank the submissions then notify the teams of their status Friday February 26, 2010. If we have 10 or less petitions you will be notified February 20, 2010 and the unused slots will be returned to the international class.

Regards,

David Ingram
NAF18 Chair
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums