Catsailor.com

Infusion self-tacker setup

Posted By: uogecko

Infusion self-tacker setup - 06/06/10 01:57 AM

Anyone have any good photos of an Infusion self-tacker setup? I'm trying to figure out how to rig it properly. The official setup manual is vague.

Thanks
Posted By: NacraKid

Re: Infusion self-tacker setup - 06/06/10 06:25 PM

what bits do you need to setup? where it is positioned or how the purchase system works?
Posted By: Arsailor

Re: Infusion self-tacker setup - 06/06/10 06:53 PM

Don't know about the Infusion but you can have a look at the AHPC website- they have some nice photos/illustrations of the Viper and C2 self-tackers-

Kirt

Re: Infusion self-tacker setup - 06/06/10 11:23 PM

Thanks but the AHPC website didn't have anything good that I could find.

I need to know how the jib car traveler control line is rigged and how the jib sheets connect to the line that is actually attached to the jib clue.

Thanks
Posted By: Dazz

Re: Infusion self-tacker setup - 06/07/10 05:33 AM

http://www.goosemarine.com.au/_cont...usion%20assembly%20manual%2008%20version

have you had a look at that manual?

Re: Infusion self-tacker setup - 06/07/10 02:15 PM

Yep, that's the manual I've been using however when it comes to the jib control lines, the pictures and writing aren't clear.
Posted By: conrad dxb

Re: Infusion self-tacker setup - 07/08/10 08:30 AM

Hi Uogeck,

I will try to explain in words, as I had the same problem and overcame it!

Ok relay, get your mind into that calm area and clear all negative thoughts, this is easy peasy!

dont cut any lines, you may have to trim the control line, but only do this later once you are sure your system is working. there are two ropes here, jib sheet(red rope in manual passing through beam) and jib control line( this is the thinner of the two)

Jib Sheet

1 - Lets start with the 5/6mm sheet that the crew will be using to pull on to tighten the jib(on my boat it is red)

2 - you will have to loosen it from the beam, but don’t loose the shock cord! as you will connect it back again, for this exercise loosen the stb side of the sheet, and tie the shock cord that it is connected to something safe!

3 - all of the sheet will now be on the port side of the boat, put the one end of the sheet through the port rotating cam cleat.

4 - take the end and go through the first gap in the self tacker rail.

5 - at this point place the 30mm block on the line,

6 - then thread the end of the sheet through the last gap in the self tacker rail stb side

7 - the final place the end of the sheet through the stb cam cleat. (for now this is enough, you can thread the sheet through the beam later)

Jib Control line

ok lets start with the jib control line, it should be a 3/4 mm control line, on my boats its black.

1 - take hold of the block which is on the jib sheet and hold it just above the spinnaker pole

2 - tie the control line to the block with bowline. (the block will be able to run free on the sheet you have threaded through the cam cleats and self tacker)

3 - no with the other end of the control line run up the spinnaker pole and you will find a check block, run the line through the block.

4 - now come back down the pole and run the line through the block which is fixed to the self tacker.

5 - you will now run the line up to the block you attached to the jib

6 - run the line through the block and back to the bubble block on the self tacker

7 - go through the double block tie the end of the line to the double block with a bow line.

now all you have to connect the red sheet to the shock cord

once you have got the jib up and sailed once or twice then you can cut the lines.

hope that helped

Re: Infusion self-tacker setup - 07/08/10 04:49 PM

Thanks Conrad!
Posted By: conrad dxb

Re: Infusion self-tacker setup - 07/08/10 05:29 PM

no problem mate,

I have had all the same issues you are going through, Gunnar Lars from NACRA Europe has been great in assisting us.

I even lost a regatta win due to me not been able to hoist the main, set everyone of for the course we where sailing from a rocy outcrop and everyone needs a little help! low and behold couldnt hoist the main, mised the first race, the got 3 bullets, second day sailing cancelled therefore no disgard! ended second!

you sorted your main?

Re: Infusion self-tacker setup - 07/08/10 05:30 PM

Yeah, my main seems to be hooking finally!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums