Catsailor.com

Carbon telescopic Joystick

Posted By: rodrigo

Carbon telescopic Joystick - 04/04/11 05:21 PM

anyone have carbon telescopic joystick for a nacra f18 infusion for sale?
Posted By: pepin

Re: Carbon telescopic Joystick - 04/05/11 01:43 AM

Are you really sure you want a telescopic one? They jam, don't like sand and do telescope in without warnings on occasion... I hate the stuff.

I use a simple carbon tube, nothing fancy, nothing to break. Buy them in pack to get a good rate and buy some with a fairly thick wall and multiple layers of carbon at different angles. A bunch of companies on the web sell them for reasonable prices but you are better off finding someone local as long tubes are expensive to ship. I recall a price of £14 a piece last time we shopped for some, shipping included for a pack of 10 or so.

Once you have the tube attach a quick connector at one end and glue a golf club grip at the other end.
Posted By: C2 Mike

Re: Carbon telescopic Joystick - 04/05/11 08:34 AM

I have a normal fibreglass one and it's great. Carbon would be better just for being light. Keep it clean and they never jam.

Tiger Mike
Posted By: Sloansailing

Re: Carbon telescopic Joystick - 04/05/11 03:44 PM

My Ronstan carbon fixed tiller extension weights 10oz. The 49er one. Love it. $75

Arriba carbon telescopic extension 22oz, $425...
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: Carbon telescopic Joystick - 04/05/11 10:17 PM

I'm using the Wildcat stick. Nice and light and works well for me. $325 I think.
Posted By: wildtsail

Re: Carbon telescopic Joystick - 04/06/11 03:58 AM

$243 for the Wildcat tiller ext. best deal going by far.

Telescoping versus fixed is personal opinion, if your used to telescoping stick with it, if your used to fixed stay with it. Its hard to switch.
Posted By: Sloansailing

Re: Carbon telescopic Joystick - 04/06/11 05:01 AM

Is that the regular dealer price for the Hobie extension?
Posted By: Brian P

Re: Carbon telescopic Joystick - 04/06/11 05:15 AM

alloy, 20mm thru experience i get the smaller tube with the thicker wall as opposed to a bigger tube with thinner wall. costs $10 weighs nothin, golf grip $2 weighs nothin.
if i bust it, who cares every hardware store in the world has them, if you wrap it over the gunnel it will bend and you can bend it back and finish the race. cant do that with a busted carbon tube. and what weights are we arguing over? 50 GRAMS? better off hanging onto your $400 and replacing mainsheet pulleys or jib pulleys or buying a speedpuck. these are the things that will make you go faster.
Posted By: Brett Goodall

Re: Carbon telescopic Joystick - 04/06/11 12:45 PM

Hit up Jill at Fun in the Sun... can't tell you what the AHPC ones retail for in the US but they are carbon and brilliant!!! not telescopic though
Posted By: maritimesailor

Re: Carbon telescopic Joystick - 04/06/11 04:50 PM

Carbon battlestick from Fun in the Sun (or your local NA AHPC dealer) will run you just shy of $200 USD. Wicked tiller extension, doesn't break as easily as other carbon ones we have tried (and broken).

Contact Jill Nickerson at funinthesunweb@gmail.com
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums