Catsailor.com

60 knot winds shredded my Jib - Nacra Inter F-18

Posted By: Labrador Coaster

60 knot winds shredded my Jib - Nacra Inter F-18 - 12/10/11 01:35 AM

Evening Gentlemen,

Yesterday we had a big ole fall breeze pass thru the Gulf of Saint Lawerence. I had hauled my Nacra ashore on my slip the week prior but the Jib was still furled around the headstay, unfortunately the wind shook it loose and within minutes it shredded something awful.( It was an Ullman , seemed to be in great shape.)

I live in an isolated region of Canada,everything comes here on a ship or plane (mail order). Looking for a place to buy a replacement. wondering if you fellows could help.I'm not racing, just looking for something of quality.
Posted By: Tony_F18

Re: 60 knot winds shredded my Jib - Nacra Inter F-18 - 12/13/11 12:33 AM

Why didnt you just take it off? Its only a couple of minutes work.

Re: 60 knot winds shredded my Jib - Nacra Inter F-18 - 12/13/11 11:30 AM

I normally remove everything, mast, boom, tramp etc, Unfortunately only had time for the trampoline, rest was on the ''to do list''...
Posted By: TEAMVMG

Re: 60 knot winds shredded my Jib - Nacra Inter F-18 - 12/13/11 02:32 PM

You took the tramp off, but left the sail on!!

PITA getting the mast down with no tramp
Posted By: maritimesailor

Re: 60 knot winds shredded my Jib - Nacra Inter F-18 - 01/06/12 04:25 PM

email me at ecc@eastcoastcats.ca (I'm in halifax), will try and sort something for you.

-P

Re: 60 knot winds shredded my Jib - Nacra Inter F-18 - 04/04/12 10:58 AM

Excuse me, I have been away from the forum since last fall. Thanks Maritimesailer,missed your message ! I found a shop in Québec City who made a new one for me.

Concerning taking down the mast, I find that walking on the tramp, supporting the weight of the mast seems it puts a lot of stress on the tramp. I place a 2 x 14"" plank across the 2 crossbeams then '' walk the plank'' with the mast.

Looking forward to a new season of sailing, have fun all...
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums