Catsailor.com

F-18 New to Me

Posted By: Ventucky Red

F-18 New to Me - 06/19/12 06:10 PM

I will be picking up a 2003 NACRA F-18 this weekend. Boat has been gently used over the past few years and is going to need to be spritzed up regarding to new rigging etc...

Is there anything about this boat I should be aware of while going through it over the next few weeks while my hip heals... I have found the tuning guides and the videos on the F-18 site so I have reference point on the setting and stuff, but if there is anything you can add I am all ears.

Also, I will make this boat available for charter for the upcoming Worlds in Long Beach as I will be away on business the majority of the week.

Thanks
Posted By: Tony_F18

Re: F-18 New to Me - 06/21/12 10:14 AM

Congrats on your new boat and welcome to the class!

Re: F-18 New to Me - 06/22/12 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tony_F18
Congrats on your new boat and welcome to the class!

Thanks Tony
Posted By: John Williams

Re: F-18 New to Me - 06/22/12 04:01 AM

Change the business trip! Worlds is looking good - grad school for sailors... actually, pretty much the same sort of parties, too.

Re: F-18 New to Me - 06/22/12 04:14 PM

Actuallhy it is not a trip, we're going to be in Los Angeles and SFO but a little difficult to change the schedule when you have the CEO and divison president of the company with you. AAMOF we will be in Long Beach (Memorial Care and the CSU system office) one of those days!

This work thing sucks, gets in the way of my sailing...

With that, I amy be able to help out towards the end of the week, and I promiss I will make it this time..

Anyone wants a boat to sail let me know. I can drop it off at ABYC the week prior
Posted By: John Williams

Re: F-18 New to Me - 06/23/12 05:55 AM

Hmmm... two things.

1. Take the boss sailing. Or at least bring him out, we'll put him on the VIP spectator boat, and he'll have an appreciation for your passion.

2. Say hello to my ex - she's at Memorial. ;-)
Posted By: Dan_Delave

Re: F-18 New to Me - 08/10/12 11:59 PM

What JW says. If you take him sailing he will understand. If you do not have a crew or much expectation ask him to crew for you at the Worlds...it will be a party.
Posted By: Todd_Sails

Re: F-18 New to Me - 08/14/12 02:01 AM

I just picked up a rather nice Confusion, oops, I mean,
Infusion.

There are some folks making the trip from my area,
maybe I may try and make it?

© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums