Catsailor.com

F18 Measurement

Posted By: samc99us

F18 Measurement - 04/11/13 07:03 PM

Ok guys who knows where the official scales are??

There is a likelihood I need a complete boat measurement by the end of May. The class website is not up to date on who can do this measurement on the East Coast (preferably north of Florida). And again, where are the scales?

Thanks,
Sam
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: F18 Measurement - 04/11/13 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by samc99us
Ok guys who knows where the official scales are??

There is a likelihood I need a complete boat measurement by the end of May. The class website is not up to date on who can do this measurement on the East Coast (preferably north of Florida). And again, where are the scales?

Thanks,
Sam

They are still at ABYC. Ping John Williams or Dan DeLave.

Re: F18 Measurement - 04/11/13 09:22 PM

Thanks David, much appreciated.
Posted By: Jeff.Dusek

Re: F18 Measurement - 04/12/13 06:51 PM

Rick Bliss at New England Catamarans can do measurements. A great way to get measured would be to come to the Eastern Area Championships at the Hyannis Regatta July 26-28. Come early, get measured, and sail in a 30 boat fleet... what's not to like!
Posted By: wildtsail7

Re: F18 Measurement - 04/13/13 04:17 PM

Sam, you won't have to show your measurement at the end of May, you won't need it until November when you show up.
You also don't have to weigh on official class scales. I'm sure Rick would help you out, he's been doing all the measuring for our fleet. But as Jeff said, come up to Hyannis and do it, that's where Rick does a lot of it.
Also if you buy new sails get the measurement certificate with them from your sail maker, it saves a lot of time and hassle.

Re: F18 Measurement - 04/16/13 01:51 PM

Thanks guys, I'm checking with the Cata Cup guys their initial email disagrees with you Todd but I find it hard to believe they would give me 15 days to sort out a complete boat measurement.

Rick has been helping me out, I'm a huge fan of New England Catamarans and ya'll are lucky to have such a great resource so close. His concern has been the requirement for the official class scales in the past but speaking with J the bathroom scales are fine.

I'll come up to Madcatter in May and/or Hyannis to get the boat measured. 3 sail reaching at 310lbs crew weight in 8 kts of breeze, hull flying the whole time=fun!!

Re: F18 Measurement - 04/16/13 06:56 PM

Turns out Todd was right, maybe I should start listening to him? Nah that would be too easy.
Posted By: Jeff.Dusek

Re: F18 Measurement - 04/17/13 01:28 AM

Turns out Todd was right, maybe I should start listening to him? Nah that would be too easy.

We don't say things like that out loud
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: F18 Measurement - 04/17/13 12:09 PM

Turns out Todd was right,

Even a blind man will hit a bullseye if you give him enough arrows.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: F18 Measurement - 04/17/13 03:41 PM

Karl, could your tag-line get any cheesier?

True, sure, but cheesy
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: F18 Measurement - 04/17/13 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
Karl, could your tag-line get any cheesier?

True, sure, but cheesy

Oh sh!t Karl! What did you do!?
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: F18 Measurement - 04/18/13 12:47 AM

That's not exactly how it goes.....
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: F18 Measurement - 04/19/13 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by David Ingram
Oh sh!t Karl! What did you do!?

My best guess is he did something stupid on FB (which is for queers, by the way)
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums