Catsailor.com

New Sails

Posted By: samc99us

New Sails - 06/04/13 05:32 PM

Looking to pull the trigger on at least a jib and spinnaker before Nationals. What's the consensus these days as to fast on a Nacra F18 Infusion? Options I'm considering are Glaser, Ullman, Smyth and Peformance.

Nylon or polyester on the spinnaker?
Posted By: Jeff.Dusek

Re: New Sails - 06/04/13 06:03 PM

I really like the Glasers we bought before the 2012 worlds. Customer service is awesome, and the quality is very high. The Glasers sail an Infusion, so they know the boat.

Can't go wrong with the Performance sails either, they do a lot of development with the Nacra and Boskalis factory teams.
Posted By: John Williams

Re: New Sails - 06/05/13 01:21 AM

Glaser. Nylon. Polyester pops great, but is far less durable IMO.
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: New Sails - 06/05/13 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by John Williams

+ 1
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: New Sails - 06/05/13 12:12 PM

Glaser! Great sails. I've bought three spins a main and a jib from them for my F-18. Awesome sails, and the absolute nicest people you will ever do business with!!!!!!
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: New Sails - 06/05/13 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by John Williams

+1
Posted By: orphan

Re: New Sails - 06/06/13 03:42 PM

Did you see these?
http://www.thebeachcats.com/classifieds/catamaran-sails-for-sale/p12784-nacra-f18-sails.html

Re: New Sails - 06/06/13 07:04 PM

Yes, considered that spinnaker but it has 3+ regattas on it so isn't exactly brand new. Unfortunately the main is cut for an old style Nacra F18 not the Infusion mast.
Posted By: Jeff.Dusek

Re: New Sails - 06/07/13 02:20 AM

Pretty sure Ravi Parent has a brand new Glaser Infusion kite that he is selling with his boat. Might want to give him a shout.

Re: New Sails - 06/07/13 12:29 PM

Thanks Jeff gave him a shout.

Just fyi for those of you hunting for used sails, turns out not everything is identical in the world of F18's. I knew the mains were different due to mast differences, but Infusions, C2's, Falcons etc. all have slightly different rig geometry's that result in luff length differences on the kites and jibs. Furthermore the Mk. 2 Infusion has a lower bridle than the Mk. 1 Infusion so its jib is a little different too (probably not too big a deal). Information conveyed from a most helpful Jay Glaser.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums