Catsailor.com

Loaner boat?

Posted By: Fretz

Loaner boat? - 01/23/14 01:43 PM

I'm recently boat less. I've sold an escow which we raced for 7 years. Our season was may to September and we were out every weekend. I needed a break.

For 2014 I'm on the hunt for a 2 person boat in a class that's active year round. I'm in Philly and sailed out of a club on lbi. Does anyone have a 2nd boat that we could try? I'd like to get a feel for the different designs before pulling the trigger. Va to ma would work.

I have no illusions of championships but I don't want to buy a lame duck older design. I want to go fast, have fun and only worry about one other person showing up on time. Those southern regattas sound pretty good right now too.

Thanks

Fretz
Posted By: samc99us

Re: Loaner boat? - 01/23/14 03:31 PM

Fretz,

Shoot me a PM. We have a Nacra Infusion in Annapolis, MD, and would let you have a go before you buy.

-Sam
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: Loaner boat? - 01/25/14 09:40 PM

I don't have any east Coast boats available but if your out in Cali let me know I'll get you on a Capricorn.
Posted By: wildtsail7

Re: Loaner boat? - 02/16/14 02:27 AM

We will have a 2011 C2 in excellent condition for charter to anyone interested, rigged and ready in Newport, RI all summer. It won't be free but it will be reasonable charter rate.
Resume showing experience may be required prior to taking the boat out alone or for a regatta.
Fretz, I'd also be happy to get you on on my C2 in Newport in April/May or we could get you out if you meet us part way at a regatta in CT in June.
If you're interested in a boat I have several used ones at different pricepoints in new england.
Shoot me an email todd dot riccardi at gmail dot com
Posted By: Dan_Delave

Re: Loaner boat? - 03/24/14 05:44 PM

Fretz

If you get out to Southern Ca I would be happy to take you out and show you the boat. I sail a Nacra Infusion MK2.

Dan DeLave
Posted By: samc99us

Re: Loaner boat? - 04/18/14 07:49 PM

Fretz,

Sent you another PM, left a voicemail on your phone a while back. Our Infusion will be rigged 2.5 hours south of Phili all summer, starting in May. If you're serious, we will get you on the boat!

Best,
Sam
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums