Catsailor.com

Peconic Bay South Shore?

Posted By: Catius

Peconic Bay South Shore? - 05/05/07 08:38 AM

Hi everyone at LICSA - finally moved my boat up to LI, so it's located in East-Quogue now. I saw Peconic bay the other day and it looked like the most fantastic sailing location.

My question - does anyone know of any beach launching spots near Hampton Bays?
Posted By: gregP19

Re: Peconic Bay South Shore? - 05/06/07 02:10 PM

**** Canal on the bay side. You will need to purchase a "green key" pass from suffolk county parks system. From there you are launching on to great peconic bay. We have had races where we start at Meschutt beach, go around Robins Island, out west to a buoy near the mouth of the bay and back. You will have fun surfing the standing waves at the north and south race of robins island when the wind opposes the current. You could also join in on the wednesday evening races around robins island. You have to sail across the bay to Cutchogue harbor for the 6 pm start. Our first of (4) 2-day races out of Orient state park is june 16-17. We can leave our boats on the beach overnight for day 2 of racing. You'll like those waters to sail even more because the currents and wind shadows around shelter island are challenging. I'm hoping I can convince some of the guys from new england to join us. Greg
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums