Catsailor.com

Hobie 18

Posted By: fireshotmadness

Hobie 18 - 05/19/07 02:51 PM

There is a hobie 18 forsale out east for $750. it doesnt have daggerboards.
631-725-0985
the dude lost his job and needs to sell the boat.
heard it on the radio, thought someone might be interested
Posted By: fireshotmadness

Re: Hobie 18 - 05/23/07 01:49 AM

There is also aa hobie 16 out by me for $1000 in good shape as well. Two good deals. HEADS UP!
Posted By: avalondarlyn

Re: Hobie 18 - 06/14/07 08:01 PM

I looked at the boat, TheMightyHobie18 the hulls are good considering the age. the tramp needed replacing. orignal mast no comp tip. the rudder system was the old style and missing peices. most of the running rigging would need to be replaced or missing. standing rigging would probally be ok. for just cruising for a season. part's i noted to be missing the lower triple block for the main, both jib blocks. the mast base was broken and jury rigged with a home depot bolt that appeared to be seized in the cross bar. the mast base plate (the one that hinges) was missing. sails appeared to heavly soiled and old i did not un roll them. no roller furling for the jib. the owner would probally give the boat to anyone willing to move it. I suggested to the owner to dissamble the boat and sell the parts since it's the old style hard to find parts. If you have an old style TheMightyHobie18 it would be a great parts boat. by my guestimation you would be looking at about 1000$ to get the boat sailing in safe fashion
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums