Catsailor.com

New to sailing - Help!

Posted By: SilverSurfer

New to sailing - Help! - 07/18/11 11:02 PM

I just bought my first cat and I am looking for a beach on the east end to keep it - from hampton bays to jamesport - preferably on the peconic side. I am also looking for sailing lessons and hopefully a group of other cat sailor- maybe a club? thanks again! mike
Posted By: gregP19

Re: New to sailing - Help! - 07/21/11 11:39 AM

What kind of boat did you get? What town do you live in?

Re: New to sailing - Help! - 07/28/11 05:08 AM

I purchased a Hobie Miracle 20. Live on the East End - Hampton Bays and also in Nassau county.

Re: New to sailing - Help! - 07/29/11 03:19 PM

We have a club called LICSA-Long Island Catamaran Sailors Association. We've been more active in the past but are always trying to get more boats out on the water. We have our annual race tomorrow at 12:30 around Shelter Island. The race starts from the southold yacht club. What kind of shape is the boat in?

Re: New to sailing - Help! - 08/23/11 02:31 AM

sorry for the delayed response - I have been working on the boat like mad - it is almost done but rigging the Jib is beyeon me. The boat is in excellent shape and will be kept out east in New Suffolk. I would like to get involved with LICSA also!

Re: New to sailing - Help! - 09/05/11 03:49 PM

I just checked out your boat. I was keeping mine right next to you. New Suffolk is a great place to launch. There is usually plenty of wind on great peconic bay. It'll be blowing about 20 from the south today. Contact me at gildergove@optonline.net. I have some ideas for setting up your boat. Greg
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums