Catsailor.com

Weigh-Day at Heckscher?

Posted By: Steven Bellavia

Weigh-Day at Heckscher? - 10/08/02 09:40 PM

I'm trying to get to Heckscher on Monday, Oct 14th, Columbus day with my

boat. (Unless I have to watch both kids all day). A few others have shown

interest. Maybe we could do something? Can anyone bring bathroom scales?

I have two.

Maybe we can make this "Weigh-Day at Heckscher" ?? If it's nice, we'll go

sailing!

Posted By: Ed Norris

Re: Weigh-Day at Heckscher? - 10/08/02 10:25 PM

We don't got no stinkin' scales, but I'll be there to sail/race!
Posted By: vicatman

Re: Weigh-Day at Heckscher? - 11/28/02 06:30 PM

yoooo Steve.how goes it...getting much sailing in....I went yesterday...good steady wind probably 15..sunny 85..had some pretty good rollers but over all it was great...question......do you have a problem with the halyard jumping out of the mast track when you pop the downhaul..mine does everytime....
Posted By: Steven Bellavia

Re: Weigh-Day at Heckscher? - 12/03/02 09:29 PM

Hi,
Sailing is done here. The high today was 25 deg F (-4 C).

My halyard pops out occasionally, but not often. Are you completely releasing the downhaul? Maybe it needs just a little tension. Mast bend may have something to do with it to. I have very little pre-bend.

Take care!

Steve
Posted By: vicatman

Re: Weigh-Day at Heckscher? - 12/04/02 02:31 AM

hey Steve.....yeah when I go DW I release it....it pops out every time....I have eased up on the downhaul trying to get more power...seems to help...with my weight I have to watch and be sure I need to be trapped out or stay on...I got out sat and sun and had decient wind.....12-15....at 12 i stay on and above that I can trap out...sun was about 14-15 and with the downhaul eased I could get plenty of speed and not lose my point......ohhh it was about 85 sun...water temp is still above 80.......
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums