Catsailor.com

Delray Ramp

Posted By: ferminj

Delray Ramp - 08/03/05 02:26 PM

Is the dirt road (see pix) north of the cat staging area approximately 1 mi north of Atlantic a public access to the beach?. I have seen a post here describing a launch area South of Atlantic. If so where does one park? Do you occupy two spaces along the road. Right now I am towing my newly acquired P19 to Hobie Beach everytime I sail, and its starting to get tiring.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attached picture 54719-gex.jpg
Posted By: BobG

Re: Delray Ramp Whats what ! - 08/03/05 06:49 PM

The North end of the beach is what is normally used by everyone with a permit to take thier boats on and off. there is no parking here and you really can not leave a trailor on the grass. However on the south end is Casuarina rd. at the stop light. Put your trailer as far in as possible off to the side step the mast put the gear on the boat and cat-track it the rest of the way. Then get a parking spot along A1A or behind the Lifeguard head quarters about 250 yards to the North on the left.Theres a lot of metered parking. The weekends is impossible after 10:00am to park .There is room during the week and a lot less hectic. Good luck. PS is'nt tha Ramp open at Phill foster Brooks park yet
Posted By: cyberspeed

Phil Foster - 08/03/05 09:26 PM

Phil Foster is still under major construction. Ferminj, you can give me a call (561.371.2663) if you want and I can tell you some super secret options.

I would be very careful about getting advice from DYSC, You might be swimming with the trolls.

Re: Phil Foster - 08/04/05 12:36 AM

All Super secret options must be cleared by the Delray Bridgetender.
Posted By: Crosstep

Re: Phil Foster - 08/04/05 03:16 PM

Beware of the bridge tender...

Re: Phil Foster ... Next time your out - 08/05/05 12:09 AM

Crosstep we can put that tramp on your boat.Then you are going to have to take her off when you go back in because rules state No Tramps left on the beach in Delray !

portable tramp - 08/05/05 02:39 PM

He usually takes the tramp back home with him. I think that works within the rules.
Posted By: arbo06

Re: portable tramp - 08/06/05 02:28 AM

My wife makes me leave the tramp in the back yard after I rinse it off.

Re: portable tramp - 08/06/05 05:52 AM

Damn understanding wife. I think you could sell tickets to the wash down. Sounds like a great contest to have during a race weekend..."Wet Tramp Contest"

Re: portable tramp - 08/06/05 09:59 PM

How about a "Trampionship"?

Attached picture 54984-tramp o line.jpg

Re: portable tramp - 08/08/05 01:48 AM

Now that's one stressed out "Tramp a' Roni" !

Re: portable tramp - 08/08/05 03:54 PM

I have to finally set the record straight about my missing tramp.
I have recently attending and graduated Summa Cum Laude from the Flintstone Hobie Sailing School. Do not try this without supervision from either Wilma or Betty...
Yabba Dabba DSYC!

Re: portable tramp ............Trampless Hobie - 08/19/05 03:02 AM

You are "Yabba Dabba Doing it", all the way to the shoreline Mr. Crosstep. How do you manage to come back with everybody when you sail ? Did you put your order in for your new F18 yet!

Re: portable tramp ............Trampless Hobie - 08/19/05 01:15 PM

It is very easy to get back if you never leave the shore. I am hoping that the Great Gazoo will show up one day and put on a brand new tramp for me. Until that happens I will continue to enjoy the abuse.
I put my order in for an F16, but have not received it yet...back order.

Re: portable tramp ............Trampless Hobie - 08/20/05 02:51 PM

I see you included a pic of your tramp on your avatar.

Nice...

Re: portable tramp ............Trampless Hobie - 08/23/05 12:39 PM

I do what I can!

Re: portable tramp ............Trampless Hobie - 08/27/05 02:17 AM

dooooo!

Attached picture 56370-iF5DB6566-CF41-4C75-B053-15659F31623D.jpg

Re: portable tramp ............Trampless Hobie - 08/27/05 06:26 PM

I see comodore Chip is back from Sweden with his bunnie collection.....
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums