Catsailor.com

Flotsum and jetsum and turtles

Posted By: BobG

Flotsum and jetsum and turtles - 08/27/05 06:23 PM

I found a Baby turtle all the way up by the boats after Katerina. He was almost "Ghost crab food" and not in very good shape for a swim out to sea so I put him in a bucket of sand and a little water that seemed to revive him. The Gumbo Limbo Nature center in Boca Raton had quite a few of the "little fellers" including some of the Leatherback variety that are hand feeding, where he now has a second chance.If you find them just do what I did and get them to a rescue center or let them go when the weather subsides also d'ont try to feed them fishsticks or popcorn shrimp as they have plenty of reserves to make it out to the weedlines in the gulfstream where they begin an amazing trek all the way around the Sargasso Sea and eventually back hopefully to breed and lay eggs on the beach coast they were born on. I also caught an amazingly large five foot Corn snake as it crossed the path.No I did not bring it home,but was surprised that one had taken up residence there in our dunes. So keep the area clean around the boats as we are not alone .Thanks Bob G. D>S>Y>C.... We have also scored a nice big buoy for some future events courtesy of Katerina....
Posted By: Mary

Re: Flotsum and jetsum and turtles - 08/28/05 03:21 AM

This is the first post I have ever been able to understand on the Delray forum. Thanks to the turtles.
Posted By: arbo06

Re: Flotsum and jetsum and turtles - 08/28/05 12:54 PM

It may be the last one as well.
Posted By: Crosstep

Re: Flotsum and jetsum and turtles - 08/29/05 12:57 PM

Yeah DSYC!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums