Catsailor.com

Hobie 14 Turbo System

Posted By: Jbarth13

Hobie 14 Turbo System - 03/02/08 03:08 AM

Hey Sailors!

I have begun the process of turning my 1979 Standard H14 into a turbo. I already have a dolphin striker and trap installed, and am now looking at how to attach a jib. Aside from the sail itself, what do I need? I have seen people selling turbo crossbars, so I assume that that is necessary. How does the halyard work, or do I just get a roller-furler rig? If so, can any sail be used with the roller furller, or do I need something special? Bridles? A good list of what I need would be great.
Thanks,
Jon
Posted By: hobieokc

Re: Hobie 14 Turbo System - 03/04/08 08:46 PM

The stock Hobie 14 Turbo "system" would require a roller furling forestay and bridles, jib sail, jib blocks, and jib block support wire. Assuming you have a Hobie manufactured 14 tramp, there should be holes on both sides of the center lacing just aft of the front crossbar. The jib blocks attach to the support wire thru the tramp. The hobiecat website has a catalog of Hobie parts and on page 50 is listed all of the items required. If you don't have a jib block holes on your tramp, you will need to address as the jib blocks for a 14 turbo do not mount on the front crossbar.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums