Catsailor.com

Oh great, another newbie...

Posted By: Iskedarian

Oh great, another newbie... - 08/01/08 01:14 PM

Greetings all. My wife and I just "inherited" an older H16 from Wisc. (red hulls?) Not certain of the exact age, but the glass still looks pretty good. Here's the issue: Not only are we new cat owners, but have minimal sailing experience. I've been to the Hobie site and downloaded what I can, but am trying to find just basic setup instructions. We were planning on rigging everything in the driveway first so as to get an accurate idea on how it goes together BEFORE getting the hulls wet. Any directives, links, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to the info. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Wallace

Enjoy - 08/01/08 02:59 PM

Mind the power lines and electric fencing with your mast now! Wouldn't want a dry sailing accident.
Posted By: Pascal

Re: Enjoy - 08/02/08 01:14 AM

have you considered trailering it to whereever they would be a group of cat sailors who could show you? your location shows Winterhaven, there has to be some groups nearby, on the west coast? tampa, st pete?

I know that if any "newbie" needed help around Miami, i'd be glad to show them the ropes. litteraly speaking. h.... make that show the the lines then :-)
Posted By: arievd

Re: Oh great, another newbie... - 08/02/08 02:13 AM

I keep my boat at Gulfport YC( GYC ), we have clubraces every 1st and 3rd weekend, come by and we will be more than happy to get you going. Shoot me a PM if you want to set something up.
Posted By: mmiller

Re: Oh great, another newbie... - 08/03/08 05:49 PM

Hobie 16 assembly manual: http://www.hobiecat.com/support/pdfs/H16_Manual.pdf

Learn to sail: http://www.hobiecat.com/experience/learn.html
Posted By: Iskedarian

Re: Oh great, another newbie... - 08/05/08 04:06 PM

Hey thanks for the leads and all. We set the boat up in the driveway Saturday (no power lines)and other than a couple of small things, it looks pretty seaworthy. In the meantime I'll be looking over the info y'all provided. Thanks again for the assistance. I'm sure I'll be back.
B
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums